2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

I know that and you know that... it just appears that a whole bunch of Democrats aren't thinking very clearly.

I'm done with the Democratic party. If Michigan was a closed primary, I would register as an independent. I would most likely vote for Democrats but I have never seen such political incompetence and malpractice. 

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I can't believe how many Democrats continue to entertain this. Even if Harris gets the nomination, Trump is going to sue. She probably won't even make the ballot in all states and would have to run a write in campaign. Even if she wins, Trump will sue and the Supreme Court can overturn this. All of this over a debate. What a bunch of invertebrates. 

All these down ticket dems are worried they will lose if Biden turns off too many D voters. Maybe if they did a better job, people would be rushing to the booths to vote them in. CNN had a Michigan Democrat on TV the other day calling for Joe to exit the race. Even though they called him an "important" democrat, I had never heard of the clown. The GOP prolly paid him off....I'm Ridin' with Biden, until the end!!

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

All these down ticket dems are worried they will lose if Biden turns off too many D voters. Maybe if they did a better job, people would be rushing to the booths to vote them in. CNN had a Michigan Democrat on TV the other day calling for Joe to exit the race. Even though they called him an "important" democrat, I had never heard of the clown. The GOP prolly paid him off....I'm Ridin' with Biden, until the end!!

What Dem was it? I need to update my ****list. 

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

These are the only polls that matter. Nationwide polls mean nothing. Biden will win the national vote, likely by a lot. But he needs six states. More likely, he needs three. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania. Win those three and it would be hard to not get to 270.

If Biden actually wins MI by 5 he's a shoe-in, but I'm not sure I believe it. Was in the TC area before the 4th - lots of Trump support visisble.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

If Biden actually wins MI by 5 he's a shoe-in, but I'm not sure I believe it. Was in the TC area before the 4th - lots of Trump support visisble.

But,  I think you may agree that Biden supporters are most probably even less visible than four years ago.   And now, even less likely to make that pronouncement… but they’re there. 

In 2020, there was one goal. Beat Trump.

I remember the shock nationwide when Buttigieg, running third in the polls after having won Iowa and tied with Bernie for winning in New Hampshire, dropped out and endorsed Biden after South Carolina. It was considered a very early drop out, as he still had something of a chance. But he saw the unlikelihood of a comeback, and recognized that beating Trump in the general (and - sure - getting his cabinet position as a thank you) was more important than sticking around in the spotlight for a few more primaries.

Why is there this bitching about Biden now? Who gives a flying **** if he's old? He was old in 2020 too. Deal with it in 2028. Dems need to get over themselves and get behind him. Now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Trump support has always been visible. I'm not sure that's a great metric.

The cult followers have always been out there willing to tell everyone who will come within eye sight they're in the cult. There are Trump stands (illegally?) selling MAGA hats and flags on the road side in Saline. Biden will win Washtenaw County by 30% or more. Biden people don't tell everyone they're voting for Biden, they just do it. Some of them begrudgingly.

That all being said, I agree that I don't expect a 5-point Biden victory in Michigan, but would be overjoyed if that's how the results came in.

Traveling this weekend from SE Michigan, back home, with overnights in Dayton and Lexington Va. Only a handful of Trump signs. I did see three overkill Trump houses where every inch of the front yard was covered. Nothing like 2016 or 2020.

Personally I think people are reluctant to be overt politically this year. 

Meanwhile the Trumpy neighbors who flew their flag of distress took it down just before we left last week. I don't know if the HOA or someone else got to them. Noticed the proper flag etiquette this afternoon when we got home. I know their daughter is stationed in either Norfolk or Va Beach (I think) maybe she had a talk with her parents.