2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

9 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I feel it's almost all name ID when it comes to why others like Harris, Whitmer, Shapiro, Newsome, etc. aren't polling much or any better than Biden. I think if you gave voters time to get to know some of these people better and their names became more familiar with voters they'd start polling ahead, both of where they are now and ahead of Biden.

Maybe you're right, but one can't also assume the poll numbers would only go up once people got to know them better.

With the non-Harris candidates in particular, setting aside the bloody mess that going with any of them would create, you'd be introducing them for the first time to the American public less than 120 days before an election. Not fully vetted. 

I'm not making any assumptions about how America as a whole takes that or responds to that 

Edited by mtutiger

10 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I can't believe we are really suggesting to create unprecedented chaos and something that has never been done and overturn an election and install a candidate with no resources on the hopes that if people get to know them they will vote for them. 

I get that you're all in for Biden, but stop spreading lies, just like this Biden administration is doing right now.  A major donor has already said who ever steps in they'll give 100m to start, the DNC money would legally find a way to the new candidate as well.  This is all assuming Biden steps down and endorses a process.

But it looks like he's not going to, so we move forward.  That said, it's pretty clear that folks within the administration and Jill Biden are concerned with him in public.  This Neuro has been the WH umpteen times, but only saw Biden on the three yearly exams and saw other folks the other times?  I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound plausible or likely in any way.  Plus now Hunter is in on meetings as Jill/Hunter appear to be circling the wagons around Joe.  And if his health truly is faltering recently, how many people were in on this?  And the right thing to do is simply ignore it?  So many questions that should have been asked along the way that we're just hearing now.

By voting for Biden, at least personally, I'm convinced that I will be electing a figurehead and that an unelected person will actually be running the country.  I'm not saying it's never happened, but it doesn't mean I like it.  And I don't find it healthy in a democracy.  The alternative is worse, so i'll still vote for him, but stop playing the "Democracy" card as it makes you sound partisan and foolish.  

LOL at MAGAtownBUMMERS, when not posting anti-semitic video after anti-semitic video, is posting poll result after poll result to support his "argument" now posting that the only poll that matters is the one on election day.

pretty hilarious **** hoss

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

I get that you're all in for Biden, but stop spreading lies, just like this Biden administration is doing right now.  A major donor has already said who ever steps in they'll give 100m to start, the DNC money would legally find a way to the new candidate as well.  This is all assuming Biden steps down and endorses a process.

But it looks like he's not going to, so we move forward.  That said, it's pretty clear that folks within the administration and Jill Biden are concerned with him in public.  This Neuro has been the WH umpteen times, but only saw Biden on the three yearly exams and saw other folks the other times?  I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound plausible or likely in any way.  Plus now Hunter is in on meetings as Jill/Hunter appear to be circling the wagons around Joe.  And if his health truly is faltering recently, how many people were in on this?  And the right thing to do is simply ignore it?  So many questions that should have been asked along the way that we're just hearing now.

By voting for Biden, at least personally, I'm convinced that I will be electing a figurehead and that an unelected person will actually be running the country.  I'm not saying it's never happened, but it doesn't mean I like it.  And I don't find it healthy in a democracy.  The alternative is worse, so i'll still vote for him, but stop playing the "Democracy" card as it makes you sound partisan and foolish.  

*sigh*

I'm all in on the Democratic candidate who won the nomination. I would be all in if Bernie Sanders or AOC ran in the primary and got the votes and won the nomination. Far as I know, major donors are not supposed to choose our candidates. 

They aren't concerned with Biden in public. He's made 18 public appearances since the debate. Trump didn't resurface until yesterday. Yes, you are wrong on the Neuro. There are hundreds of staffers at the White House and also over 1,000 military personnel who are treated at the White House. If you look at Biden's public travel logs, he wasn't even at the White House most of the days the Neuro was there. This same Neuro has visited the White House since 2012. Guess that means Obama has Parkinson's. It's lazy journalism. 

Yes Biden talks to his son. There is no evidence his health his failing. A well respected doctor gave a detailed report on his health.

This figurehead was just meeting with foreign leaders and has united NATO against Russia. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don’t need to defend myself from a keyboard warrior. 

except for the thousands of other times you've done just that

so you choose not to defend yourself, lol

Edited by pfife
  • Haha 1