2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Harris' running mate possibility. 

Colorado Senator Michael Bennett.    Center-left and young.   He'll be in the running for President in 2028

Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro  - He actually does well with Trump voters in PA

Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear - Democratic Governor in a red state

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper - See Andy Beshear, but older

Virginia Senator Mark Warner -  He's bland, but to me, bland is good these days

Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker 

Montana Senator John Tester -  Too risky to take a D out of the Senate in a red state

California Governor Gavin Newsom

I don't see her putting another woman on the ticket.   

Don't sleep on Michigan Senator Gary Peters.  He has military clout and often fights for the rights of the enlisted.   

Here's a name - a guy that I wonder why aligned as a Republican.   He certainly isn't a current Republican.   Charlie Baker.  He supports social liberal policies and he's actually pro-environment.    Wanna pull from the center,  show that you're not putting party before country?    I doubt he'd take it, because he hasn't flipped to Democrat yet.  

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I don’t think this is helping him

At this point, he can't even get away with the hiccups.       

Do you remember the Halloween candy I was passing out in 2008? 

3 year old McCain Clusters.  Stale chocolate covering hardened caramel and pieces of ground up gravel

Obamaramas -  Chocolate on the outside, vanilla on the inside

Palin Pucks - Reverse peppermint patties,  minty on the outside with extremely bitter dark chocolate within

Biden Bars - Vanilla Fudge covering nougat,  Shaped like a foot for putting in your mouth

Yes, he's been putting his foot in his mouth for decades, but now he can't make any mistakes.   

We end up with these two old men.       We need a Youthquake in the Democratic Party.    

I want Big Gretch.   I want shark week, mother****ers. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

25 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I think the press conference was fine and no worse or better than any other Biden presser. I thought he didn't knock it out of the park, but didn't do poorly either. 

In a better world it would end any talk or speculation about dementia - he just doesn't have it or else he wouldn't have performed as he did on the substance. And certainly should end speculation about whether, today, he can do the job.

But that's a different question than the question of holding up during this campaign... I don't think he can unring that bell IMO.

Edited by mtutiger