2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Here’s the Pod douches who want to replace Biden with Harris trashing Harris. 

I know you're conditioned to turn everything into Biden is awesome and unless it clearly promotes Biden it's probably Russia propaganda turning allies against each other....but..... Watch that clip again.  It's not really funny, although she does a pretty good job with the voice and inflection, but watch it again and then look at Jon's response.   It's not the W you seem to think it is.  

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I know you're conditioned to turn everything into Biden is awesome and unless it clearly promotes Biden it's probably Russia propaganda turning allies against each other....but..... Watch that clip again.  It's not really funny, although she does a pretty good job with the voice and inflection, but watch it again and then look at Jon's response.   It's not the W you seem to think it is.  

Couldn't help but notice they couldn't do the skit without reading it off their notes. Times for them to step aside and pass the torch. 

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would actually feel better if the number was only 4,000 and they straight up lied and jacked up 10x.  That is exactly the dirty **** that Trump does every event and gets away with.   Dems need to start playing the same game.   Let’s go low!  

Edited by Hongbit

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I would actually feel better if the number was only 4,000 and they straight up lied and jacked up 10x.  That is exactly the dirty **** that Trump does every event and gets away with.   Dems need to start playing the same game.   Let’s go low!  

It would eventually come out when they file their campaign finances and the media would go nuts with it. 

2 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Not that I don’t agree with all you listed there (because I do), but there’s a somewhat glaring omission to your list.

Women.  Women’s well-being, health, equity rights, etc.

We will take a tremendous body blow, almost literally.

I am sure you have women family members that you love and would want all good things for, so, please also be a loud and strident advocate for them, too.

I will , on behalf of my sisters everywhere, thank you.

Not to mention that being a white male doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any consequences for you-I suspect, based on what I've learned so far about Project 2025, that many will be shocked at how they will be impacted. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smr-nj said:

Not that I don’t agree with all you listed there (because I do), but there’s a somewhat glaring omission to your list.

Women.  Women’s well-being, health, equity rights, etc.

We will take a tremendous body blow, almost literally.

I am sure you have women family members that you love and would want all good things for, so, please also be a loud and strident advocate for them, too.

I will , on behalf of my sisters everywhere, thank you.

Sorry about that.  It'll be Handmaid's Tale if they get their way.   

well, they were all licking their lips because he supposedly "left the door open" at the NATO press conference, but the one commentator that had it right noted that because of the setting he didn't want to get too much into campaign mode, but it's pretty clear he is slamming the door on his detractors. He's got the delegates and he's not going anywhere, so if you are a Dem you can either get on the bus or start on your plans for surviving Trump II.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Chris Hayes with a good summary of the campaign layout. Three simple legs: This is what we did. This is what we will do. The other guy is a menace.

That's a big part of what he did tonight in his remarks that feels like should have been done earlier, unrelated to any issues as to his age: talking about what he will do in the next term.

Even before the debate, that was my biggest problem with this campaign.... the two sentence sales pitch. It hadn't landed to-date, but we started to see it come out tonight. I think we need to see a lot more of it going forward if he intends on sticking this out.

So when Biden remains completely unmoved by the Media handwringing (and he demonstrated tonight that is the case), what do we suppose the MSM's next stance will be?

-Biden overcomes concerns.... (don't hold your breath)

- Senile old man continues to refuse best advice. Did we mention that dementia often produces stubbornness.  (I don't count this one out)

-Oh, never mind...(certainly in the running...)

Edited by gehringer_2

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

That's a big part of what he did tonight in his remarks that feels like should have been done earlier, unrelated to any issues as to his age: talking about what he will do in the next term.

Even before the debate, that was my biggest problem with this campaign.... the two sentence sales pitch. It hadn't landed to-date, but we started to see it come out tonight. I think we need to see a lot more of it going forward if he intends on sticking this out.

Biden is taking a stand. Making abortion legal is a widely popular issue. Several other issues will get him many more votes. Especially medical debt. Capping all prescriptions at 2 grand a year is also really huge. People on expensive meds and their families would benefit. I'm for Joe!