2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

If that was gun fire some one was a pretty bad shot if nobody else was hit with multiple rounds fired into a solid wall of people. 🤷‍♀️

I think it came from the side, handful of folks look that way.

12 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't like the guy one bit, not one. But political violence has NO PLACE in our country or our society. This should be and will be fully condemned by almost everyone, unlike January 6th.

I agree it should be fully condemned.  Even though it happened to a guy who inspired an event which injured 140 police officers and got away with thanks to getting bailed out by the Supreme Court, this kind of retaliation (if that's what it was) is not supposed to be the way we do things in the United States.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

If that was gun fire some one was a pretty bad shot if nobody else was hit with multiple rounds fired into a solid wall of people. 🤷‍♀️

Have they confirmed it was a real gun? It sounded more like a pellet gun, though obviously the sound can be deceiving.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Have they confirmed it was a real gun? It sounded more like a pellet gun, though obviously the sound can be deceiving.

people on tv said it sounded like many caliber  guns

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Nothing has been confirmed.  I am also skeptical as to whether it was a real gun.  

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

Nothing has been confirmed.  I am also skeptical as to whether it was a real gun.  

I have a hard time believing someone could get a deadly weapon that close to a protected person in 2024. Secret Service protection is 10x more advanced than what people think it is. For every agent you see there are 20 you don't. For a public facing event like this, they scope out entire city blocks for threats, using technology the public doesn't even know exists.

If we actually came close to losing a presidential candidate four months before the election, then serious re-evaluations of protocols needs to occur. This has nothing to do with politics.

We're a violent country that lets too many irresponsible people have guns.     Our rhetoric has gotten darker and meaner and nastier since Rush Limbaugh came along.   This is what you get.    This is what America is.     Get people all riled up and fill them with violent rhetoric.   They shouldn't be shocked when it rebounds back at them.     I feel terrible for the bystanders.   

Edited by Motor City Sonics