2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

I have to relay an somewhat scary story from earlier today.

I was walking into Walmart with my younger daughter who was driving me around. 

I'm typing into my messenger app "I'll bet Pence is like..." to a buddy of mine. 

Guy approaches from my left.  Asks if I'm following the news.  I say: "yeah Trump got shot"

He says: "yeah, he's going to win!" and I look at him and he's a shorter african american male with a joker t-shirt.

I am not having that and I say: "yeah, well he's going to lose and i'm sorry the guy missed."  Maybe i shouldn't have but I am a free man in a free country at least on the weekends when I don't have to wear the masks of compliance I have at work.  God knows how many threats to that POS i had to work when I was doing work during his administration. 

I see the guy who went away from me a little while later in the store.  He's got his shirt hanging loosely over his pants and I see it.  He's printing.   If you don't know that term...this is "printing"

Concealing Your Gun…and Intentions [CCW Guide] - Pew Pew TacticalI'm like...I don't know this nutter.  I'd better get my daughter off the X.  

So, we got out of there without incident but it was just a little moment of stress.

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I have to relay an somewhat scary story from earlier today.

I was walking into Walmart with my younger daughter who was driving me around. 

I'm typing into my messenger app "I'll bet Pence is like..." to a buddy of mine. 

Guy approaches from my left.  Asks if I'm following the news.  I say: "yeah Trump got shot"

He says: "yeah, he's going to win!" and I look at him and he's a shorter african american male with a joker t-shirt.

I am not having that and I say: "yeah, well he's going to lose and i'm sorry the guy missed."  Maybe i shouldn't have but I am a free man in a free country at least on the weekends when I don't have to wear the masks of compliance I have at work.  God knows how many threats to that POS i had to work when I was doing work during his administration. 

I see the guy who went away from me a little while later in the store.  He's got his shirt hanging loosely over his pants and I see it.  He's printing.   If you don't know that term...this is "printing"

Concealing Your Gun…and Intentions [CCW Guide] - Pew Pew TacticalI'm like...I don't know this nutter.  I'd better get my daughter off the X.  

So, we got out of there without incident but it was just a little moment of stress.

Glad you are ok but don’t do that again.  It’s not worth it, Romad.  Don’t engage next time.  Too many crazies out there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I deleted Twitter a month or so ago. I went back today when I heard the news, hoping illogically it would have magically turned into the decent real-time news site it once was. Absolute trash. I hope something can replace it.

Threads enters the chat …

I heard about this from my brother on text and went to CNN to see them running the tape over and over, with his touching his ear, then going down in a very controlled manner, then standing up with the white power fist and the crowd cheering, and two words popped into my head: Bob Roberts. 

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Deeply deeply irresponsible statement from soon-to-be VP nominee

If it’s fair game for sitting members of Congress to speculate that Biden s behind it, or somehow responsible for it, then I think it’s fair game for us to speculate that Trump faked the whole thing.

40 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

So, someone was trying to shoot out his teleprmpter to see what would happen if he had to speak without it?  

Seriously though, it would makes sense that a bullet did not hit him.  Otherwise it probably would have done more damage.  

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't like the guy one bit, not one. But political violence has NO PLACE in our country or our society. This should be and will be fully condemned by almost everyone, unlike January 6th.

Agree.  And I’ll add that I’m afraid this just adds fuel to the fire for the crazies and does nothing to help either the mental health or gun situations in this country.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

His teleprompters look intact after the shooting. Not sure I trust that info. 

I think there is one on each side maybe it was nicked and in other news poor Richard Simmons picked the wrong day to slip his mortal coil

Edited by Toddwert

5 minutes ago, Toddwert said:

I think there is one on each side maybe it was nicked and in other news poor Richard Simmons picked the wrong day to slip his mortal coil

Don’t forget about Dr. Ruth.