2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

14 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Thank you. I didn’t make the connection.

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic, but a lot of people won't make that connection.  People have short memories when it comes to Trump.    

I will never forget Trump throwing Pence under the bus while chants of "Hang Mike Pence" rang loudly in the background.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Not sure whether you are being sarcastic, but a lot of people won't make that connection.  People have short memories when it comes to Trump.    

I will never forget Trump throwing Pence under the bus while chants of "Hang Mike Pence" rang loudly in the background.  

and the "i'm not getting in that car" is about as chilling a thing as you will hear.  He was worried that Trump would have him killed.  So, really...JD...you will be faced with this decision at some point.  Unless you are the alpha in this relationship because of your strong ties to Putin's people.

23 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

What strikes me here is the quote "replace them with our people".  These hypocrites always talk about wanting small government, but they really don't.  They want THEIR people in there.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Could be, although Biden's issue in polling has been more about the cities and suburbs in each of these states (and concerns about turnout), and Vance (just looking at his political record) doesn't add anything for these people IMO

Turnout wise in rural areas, I have a hard time seeing it juice turnout more than Donald Trump already does.

Why are you still trying to use your common sense to explain decisions made by the Trump and his people?  

Logic is usually the first giveaway of something unintended by them.

Edited by Hongbit

42 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I won't either. 

47 minutes ago, pfife said:

I'm struggling to see the value of dj Vince on the ticket.  Does he make the coalition bigger or inspire anyone who wasn't going to vote for Slump anyways?

Is it his money?

He’s a young white guy from the Midwest with a military background.  If you think like a Trumpy that’s all that really matters.   It plays right to their base even though we all know they should be trying to connect with undecideds outside of the base.   They don’t know any other way.  

13 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I feel really sad for her... May his memory be a blessing

The bullet was moved by God away from Trump and into her husband to quote random spiritual hooligans at the RNC.

7 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Most fascists is about a cult of personality and I don’t know who fills the Trump role. I haven’t seen it from Vance. Remember when Desantis was next?

Vance now has the official blessing, and he is a celebrity in his own right. That might be enough.