2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Notice how the Trump wing lovefest is unfolding unfettered and absent any counter-programming by the Democrats? I can assure you there will not be a lack of Republican counter-programming when the Democrats go to Chicago next month.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Notice how the Trump wing lovefest is unfolding unfettered and absent any counter-programming by the Democrats? I can assure you there will not be a lack of Republican counter-programming when the Democrats go to Chicago next month.

Republican exploits Republican pet gun policies to use Republicans' favorite gun (as evidenced by Republican lapel pins in the Republican caucus) to shoot multiple Republicans and the Republican leader at a Republican event, and the motive of the Republican shooter is unknown,  and the Democrats are the ones responsible for "lowering the temperature".

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, pfife said:

Republican exploits Republican pet gun policies to use Republicans' favorite gun (as evidenced by Republican lapel pins in the Republican caucus) to shoot multiple Republicans and the Republican leader at a Republican event, and the motive of the Republican shooter is unknown,  and the Democrats are the ones responsible for "lowering the temperature".

Yeah, screw lowering the temp.  I'm not the one talking about being a dictator with an unbustable SCOTUS backing me up.

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

More focus on the stakes of the election would be nice, rather than just the odds

For example, that this would mean Russia threat to Poland (hint: Detroit, Buffalo, Chicago, Milwaukee)

My lovely wife, God bless her, came up with a potential scenario: what if the 20-year-old kid was a terminal cancer victim, so he was going to die anyway, and the Trump people convinced him that they would set up his family for life if he would just take shots at the President and let himself be killed, all in the service of ramping up enough sympathy votes for Trump to win the election?

Of course, this is a plot from one of the procedurals she watches. 😁

But that also got me thinking: even if there were proof positive that this happened, how could the media report it without looking unhinged themselves? Who would believe something so completely far-fetched? Definitely not the red hats, and they love love love conspiracy theories, just not against their guy. So couldn't the Trump campaign actually make something like this totally happen and be 100% assured they would get away with it? I mean, if he can rape preteen girls and get away with it, which to all appearances he did, this one would be a piece of cake, would it not? 🤔

14 minutes ago, chasfh said:

My lovely wife, God bless her, came up with a potential scenario: what if the 20-year-old kid was a terminal cancer victim, so he was going to die anyway, and the Trump people convinced him that they would set up his family for life if he would just take shots at the President and let himself be killed, all in the service of ramping up enough sympathy votes for Trump to win the election?

Of course, this is a plot from one of the procedurals she watches. 😁

But that also got me thinking: even if there were proof positive that this happened, how could the media report it without looking unhinged themselves? Who would believe something so completely far-fetched? Definitely not the red hats, and they love love love conspiracy theories, just not against their guy. So couldn't the Trump campaign actually make something like this totally happen and be 100% assured they would get away with it? I mean, if he can rape preteen girls and get away with it, which to all appearances he did, this one would be a piece of cake, would it not? 🤔

There is no evidence that he has ever deliberately had people killed.  If there were, rumors would be rampant.  It is evident that he does not care about people getting killed, but I don't think there is evidence that he has ordered any murders.  

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

no, the flaw in the conspiracy theories is that if it hadn't been for the fact that the kid knew they were on to him (the cop on the ladder) and had taken his time, hit probably would have taken Trump out.

There is nothing to the conspiracy theories at all.  It is unreasonable to think that Trump (who chickened out of possible combat) would ever take that chance.  It seems to me that is was just another young gun nut who had no business possessing a gun, yet had easy access to his choice of 20 family guns.    

13 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There is no evidence that he has ever deliberately had people killed.  If there were, rumors would be rampant.  It is evident that he does not care about people getting killed, but I don't think there is evidence that he has ordered any murders.  

Yes, there is no evidence. 😉😜

20 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There is nothing to the conspiracy theories at all.  It is unreasonable to think that Trump (who chickened out of possible combat) would ever take that chance.  It seems to me that is was just another young gun nut who had no business possessing a gun, yet had easy access to his choice of 20 family guns.    

Yep, these conspiracy theories used to be just a RW thing but now the left enjoy them to. This whole situation was caused by the Secret Service and their failure to do the job.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pfife said:

Folks, I apologize profusely to the forum.  

I neglected to note that the Republican event was in a Republican territory, and I also neglected to mention that the Republicans want the Republican's favorite gun to be the..... "national gun":   https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/house-bill/1095

Please accept my apologies.

Edited by pfife

20 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Yep, these conspiracy theories used to be just a RW thing but now the left enjoy them to. This whole situation was caused by the Secret Service and their failure to do the job.

The right wings consoiracy on this is that it was because of DEI.  They also think maybe deep state.  

the world is full of idiots.  People think the moon landings were fake. 

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

The right wings consoiracy on this is that it was because of DEI.  They also think maybe deep state.  

the world is full of idiots.  People think the moon landings were fake. 

Trump did show up with an all male SS detail last night.