2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

53 minutes ago, oblong said:

the world is full of idiots.  People think the moon landings were fake. 

Of course it was.  There's no way a ball of green cheese can support a heavy space craft.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Since the shooter's father was profiled as 17th out of 19,000+ people in Bethel Park for Trump support likelihood, per this video, it would be the Trumpiest thing I've seen to date if he were to show up in a GOP video to condemn the memory of his son and pledge his never-ending support for the greatest president who ever lived. The red hats would EAT THAT **** UP.

38 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Speaking only for myself, I don't want to see another modern age ushered in, thank you. I like the age we were in a decade ago just fine.

No kidding.

It's not a huge shock that Ross Douthat loves JD Vance... Because they both share very weird politics

9 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

No kidding.

It's not a huge shock that Ross Douthat loves JD Vance... Because they both share very weird politics

Douthat is as close to being an open theocrat as you can be and still work in American journalism. If he had been born about 6K miles to the east he'd be perfectly happy on the Ayatollah's council of elders.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

Douthat is as close to being an open theocrat as you can be and still work in American journalism. If he had been born about 6K miles to the east he'd be perfectly happy on the Ayatollah's council of elders.

Or a columnist for Jomhuri-ye-Eslami.

The NBC decision to pull Morning Joe yesterday is going to reverberate.   Trump has multiple friendly news orgs who have endured multiple court punishments for their carrying of water for him.  Yet, no worries. Katy Tur is interviewing Eric Trump like he's a normie.

The normalization of this man and his family by our national media has been the most disappointing thing in a long time.  They ****ing attempted a coup and are horrible people and they just go about pretending like nothing happened.  They got their corporate orders handed down.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Just saw a tweet that the Trump campaign went full lockdown this afternoon for some unknown reason.  Possible new scandal coming out?

Epstein list about to drop?

For the youngsters, the Edwin Edwards  (LA Governor) quote

The only way I can lose is if I'm caught in bed with either a dead girl or a live boy.

Edwin Edwards