2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I am guessing Clint Eastwood in "In the Line of Fire" was DEI too?

The general observation that a Secret Service agent froze is fine... Tying it into the broader culture war is wrong and accomplishes nothing.

Oh, it accomplishes something, all right.

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Even beyond "blue check" Twitter reply guys (ie. Paul Szypula), actual Members of Congress throwing around their culture war acronym of the month around makes it less likely to take their findings or thoughts seriously because it demonstrates that they are less interested in a finding the facts and more interested in keeping everyone divided along political lines (which, isn't that what we want to get away from?)

Yes, that is what we want to get away from.

Just now, Tiger337 said:

It's still around, but it's not as good as it used to be.  Like most good humor, it has gotten a bit stale.  

Bummer, sad to hear.   Last I saw he became a notary republic lol

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

It's still around, but it's not as good as it used to be.  Like most good humor, it has gotten a bit stale.  

that's how I felt about the 70's sports guy.  I unfollowed as it was just recycled tweets and constant use of buzzwords like 'goddamn' and 'heater'.  Just stopped being funny to me.  It was a good concept but gets stale.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, oblong said:

that's how I felt about the 70's sports guy.  I unfollowed as it was just recycled tweets and constant use of buzzwords like 'goddamn' and 'heater'.  Just stopped being funny to me.  It was a good concept but gets stale.

yeah I liked that one too but recall it was becoming very much "buy these tshirts" than just good content.  

some of the shirts he sold I was surprised he wasn't getting hit with cease and desist for copyrights

Edited by pfife

4 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I would just add that what happened on Saturday was deadly serious and deserves an actual investigation to figure out what's going on. The results of which will be remembered for a long time and (hopefully) will lead to actual changes.

Even beyond "blue check" Twitter reply guys (ie. Paul Szypula), actual Members of Congress throwing around their culture war acronym of the month around makes it less likely to take their findings or thoughts seriously because it demonstrates that they are less interested in a finding the facts and more interested in keeping everyone divided along political lines (which, isn't that what we want to get away from?)

the answer will probably turn out to be pretty boring. SS and locals met. Locals said they would secure roofs, SS said, "good." Locals didn't execute (someone's dog probably swallowed a pork chop bone needed an emergency trip to the vet), SS didn't verify. End of story.

🤷‍♀️

Edited by gehringer_2

You all need to check your SEC championships and think about refinancing your water beds.  3 Year Letterman is still great.  

Also, Death Star PR needs to post more. 

Edited by Hongbit

49 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

You all need to check your SEC championships and think about refinancing your water beds.  3 Year Letterman is still great.  

Also, Death Star PR needs to post more. 

There was one where someone asked him in response to one of his ridiculous tweets if he had ever read a history book and his response was "oh god no" or something like that, it was so good.   

He had people going this week saying Trump made a mistake with Vance because he’s not 45 and therefore isn’t old enough to be President or Vice President.  He also used a picture of Dan Crenshaw and played it off as Vance.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

I'm convinced Dems want Trump to win.

Disappointed in the source, but it's also just stupid at this point. Are these Dems in some kind of bubble? Are they even watching Biden? He's made it clear as day he's not going anywhere so these folks are wasting their time pissing into the wind.