2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Related to my post from a couple days ago, if the media were to learn that the Trump campaign staged the entire thing, there is no way they could report that without looking completely unhinged, so completely has Trump checkmated them through sheer force of will.

• Haha 1

A sobering and moving ad on abortion out just today from the Biden campaign. The ad features the same young women that was featured in an ad for Kentucky Governor Andy Bashear. This young women was raped by her stepfather and impregnated by him. We have to win for all sorts of reasons this November. We have to win for the future of young women like Hadley Duvall of Kentucky. 

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Menendez is resigning.  That is the best possible outcome.  Prevents whataboutism.  They will still use those arguments but...

He was going to run for re-election as an Independent.

He better ****ing pull that paperwork, too. Crooked entitled elitist bastard.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And Biden has COVID. It just keeps piling on. 

So is it possible that this is the first small, but possibly orchestrated, step in removing Biden from the ticket? He was booked to do a speech in Nevada tonight if I’m not mistaken. As per script, Biden will have ongoing issues with this health concern. The powers step in and act. Biden gracefully steps aside and that’s that. Reasoning behind this is that Biden can’t fulfill his schedule as necessary in the most critical time of this race.

I personally wish him a quick and full recovery. I’m just a bit cynical in my politics these days. 

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I prefer Joe Biden but if the bickering democrats push him out, I'll be voting for the democratic nominee. I would vote for a pile of dog crap over Trump.

LOL, That is my favorite line to use with Republican friends.  

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Do they know something we don't? The polls show this as a toss up. I cannot understand forcing out the incumbent this early who has a successful track record and no scandals. 

Statistically, it's still a race, but most of the polls I've seen show Trump in the lead.  

This early?  They should have done it a long time ago.  

Just now, Tiger337 said:

Statistically, it's still a race, but most of the polls I've seen show Trump in the lead.  

This early?  They should have done it a long time ago.  

538 has him ahead. Polls are within single digits. By early, I mean freaking out in July. People don't pay attention until after Labor Day. This all happened after the debate. Are Dems going to piss all over themselves if a new dem has a set back?

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

538 has him ahead. Polls are within single digits. By early, I mean freaking out in July. People don't pay attention until after Labor Day. This all happened after the debate. Are Dems going to piss all over themselves if a new dem has a set back?

The debate was a symptom, not a cause.  He is a terrible speaker and getting worse.

538 has them ahead.  They guy who developed the 538 algorithm says Biden should drop out.  Not sure what to make of that.  

Just now, Tiger337 said:

The debate was a symptom, not a cause.  He is a terrible speaker and getting worse.

538 has them ahead.  They guy who developed the 538 algorithm says Biden should drop out.  Not sure what to make of that.  

Nate Silver has been calling for Biden to drop out for a long time. He's been a right winger for a while now. 

National polling means little in the end. Yeah, I've shared national polls on here too, but they don't matter because we don't have a popular vote. The stupid electoral college makes the battleground state polling more relevant than national polls and we're not 1 point behind in swing state polls. 

• Like 1