2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

29 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Orange Hitler is due to speak at the convention sometime, but will he? Does he have the nads? He literally dodged a bullet last week, which might be quite humbling. Can the world’s most famous huckster become humble? Millions of people will be watching to find out. If he is humble and sounds presidential, he will win in a landslide over the Party Of Snobs (POS).

The blame cannons will look like the 4th of July, but will be pointed in the wrong direction. Incapable of self-reflection, the POS will serve up endless excuses and blame as they wallow in their own pool of tears, clueless as to why they were rejected.

This will be, for the second time, a giant middle finger to the POS and their endless stream of blue BS, and a giant dose of STFU.

No, he can't become humble no matter what kind of act he puts on at the convention.  He can continue to con people though and I believe he will win the election.  

Weird how Biden didn't wear a mask last night once he tested positive for COVID. I guess that is good news for the rest of us. Could just be one of those do as i say not as I do things. Having a well groomed beard I hated wearing masks during Covid era. 

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Weird how Biden didn't wear a mask last night once he tested positive for COVID. I guess that is good news for the rest of us. Could just be one of those do as i say not as I do things. Having a well groomed beard I hated wearing masks during Covid era. 

I hated them because I wear glasses and they always fogged up.  I am so glad we are done with that.  

I do like the social distancing and remote work though.  

2 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I hated them because I wear glasses and they always fogged up.  I am so glad we are done with that.  

I do like the social distancing and remote work though.  

I liked the immediate few months after it started when we didn't have to go anywhere, then it got warm so we could go somewhere as long as it was outside.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Hey, he put on the mask...its in the video I saw.  What is your game here?

40 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Not sure I believe this but the only option is Harris. She can still run on Biden’s record. 

If it's a for-sure thing that Biden is stepping down—and that is looking increasingly certain—then it is good we are escalating this story now so we can steal some attention away from the Unified Reich rally. In the any-publicity-is-good-publicity era, that's a plus, because it would serve to divide people's attention and undermine the efforts to make anyone who is not a hardcore-D voter fall completely in love with Trump the Badass Strongman that Mark Violets' bullet couldn't fell.

But as I posted yesterday, I think the Democrats could completely win this news cycle by announcing the change today, in advance of Agent Orange taking the stage. That's doubly important because you just know Trump is going to steal attention and win every news cycle during the Democratic Convention next month. Fight future fire with proactive fire, I say.

Of course, announcing it today is completely dependent on Democrats having their **** pulled together on the whole thing. If they don't—and there's a better chance than not that they still don't—and they were to half-ass an announcement today, I believe it would completely blow up in their face. They would have to thread the needle to get it just right, and there are a lot of ways it could go wrong. But if they get it just right, then oh boy, we are back in this thing.

I put the likelihood of announcing it today in the 10% or so range.

I was predicting he’d withdraw before Monday. I’m moving the timeline to before Saturday. It’s a foregone conclusion. The longer he waits the more the confusion and chaos in the party. 
The script is being written now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

What happens when Republicans roll out their attacks on Harris? Are Dems ...

I think it would be cool if Biden announced:

"I am going to step down and hand the reins over to my excellent VP, Kamala Harris. Kamala has already selected her Vice President, Pete Buttigieg. Please all of democracy-loving America get behind this team and choose them and Democracy instead of The Other Guy and his Party of Fascism and Violence."

I think that would be a MAJOR **** YOU to the white trash bigots party.

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

I think it would be cool if Biden announced:

"I am going to step down and hand the reins over to my excellent VP, Kamala Harris. Kamala has already selected her Vice President, Pete Buttigieg. Please all of democracy-loving America get behind this team and choose them and Democracy instead of The Other Guy and his Party of Fascism and Violence."

I think that would be a MAJOR **** YOU to the white trash bigots party.

The only way this works is if Biden states 100% it's his decision and his decision alone to step down. He then releases his delegates to Harris. Harris is the only one capable of finishing what he started. After contracting COVID, he came to the realization he's not up to the rigors of another campaign and term and it wouldn't be fair to the American people for him to stay in it any longer.  

At this point, you have all the major people in the party now privately telling Biden they don't see a path forward for him. I do think he drops out now. I didn't a few days or a week ago, but now I think he does. I think Biden should work with Harris to help vet and select the next VP if/when he does drop out. I think Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro should be at the top of the list, followed by our Governor Gretchen Whitmer. I think that puts the midwest battleground states in play for Democrats and gives us a chance to hit the reset button with a fresh, younger face of our party.

Hell...

I'll Vote for, over Trump:

- A dead Biden Corpse with a broom handle stuck up his back.

- A younger Democrat, ANY Democrat, AT ALL

- A Monster pile of Horse ****.

- Myself, obviously.

- If the Dems put Kanye at the top of their ticket... **** it, I'll vote for Kanye over Trump.

- Did I leave anything out? Any other suggestions? The floor is OPEN:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hell...

I'll Vote for, over Trump:

- A dead Biden Corpse with a broom handle stuck up his back.

- A younger Democrat, ANY Democrat, AT ALL

- A Monster pile of Horse ****.

- Myself, obviously.

- If the Dems put Kanye at the top of their ticket... **** it, I'll vote for Kanye over Trump.

- Did I leave anything out? Any other suggestions? The floor is OPEN:

Putin?

I think that would be a tough choice.  I could go either way.

I might vote for Trump if the opponent was KIm Jong Un.