2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

5 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

It's an education system failure. We learned about WWII in....prolly about 7th grade or so. Of course, that was the early '70's for me. And the GOP wants to limit how much history is taught...it looks like she never did learn actual history. It's the party of "the slaves were taught valuable life lessons." SMDH

4 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I do have a hard time believing average voters watched much of this speech, let alone almost all two hours of it. I do worry though that the soft spoken beginning of his speech may allow people to forget the nasty, vile, dishonest, narcissistic Trump they've come to disdain.

I can't stand to ever hear Trump again. And the talking heads on CNN sicken me. I heard them talking about who will be replacing Biden, as if it's a fact. I came back and hulk "belly" hogan was talking...I turned that off. No way would I listen to Trump blowing smoke up people's asses. And the weirdos at that convention gross ne out.

5 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

It's an education system failure. We learned about WWII in....prolly about 7th grade or so. Of course, that was the early '70's for me. And the GOP wants to limit how much history is taught...it looks like she never did learn actual history. It's the party of "the slaves were taught valuable life lessons." SMDH

She’s an idiot. There’s no actual shortage of them, but why the rush to hand them a microphone is beyond me. I guess they value alternate facts presented by hangers-on.

9 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Trump is such a rambler. But he kept it mild and on his message. Did not trip over his words. Dems need to get their *hit together and beat him. 

He did the exact opposite - he had a prepared speech and largely didn't give it.

I think he'll maybe get some mileage out of the first 15 to 20 mins... but it just wasn't a good speech. Lucky for him that a lot of the people that Tater is asking about will be watching viral clips and snippets.

Otherwise, I agree... As bleak as things have been, tonight shows that he can still be beat. And whatever step lies next needs to be dealt with in short order

• Like 1

Trump is an idiot. That speech did nothing for him outside his base. Completely fumbled the ball away again.   All he had to do was stick to the script and read what was on the teleprompters.  He couldn’t do it.  His ego is so huge and perception so misguided that he really thinks he’s the world’s most engaging speaker instead of a rambling, repetitive, bs’ing buffoon.  

Edited by Hongbit

6 hours ago, pfife said:

Has Slump ever said what he'd do about inflation?

Tarrifs, restrict iimmigration, and take over the fed so he can lower interest rates. How else would one combat inflation?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I didn't watch this because listening to Trump makes me ill.  Was he serene, spiritual and humble like his allies decribed? 

It is beyond me how anyone can listen to any of this garbage. Be it Democrat or Republican, it’s all BS.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It is beyond me how anyone can listen to any of this garbage. Be it Democrat or Republican, it’s all BS.

Also beyond me how many people hear a "pivot" being promised from his advisors and take it at face value.

He's not changing.... maybe he's older and doesn't have the juice that he used to, but content wise, what you see is what you get. It's never going to change.

AOC is absolutely knocking it out of the park. I don’t know what upside down world we live in where AOC and Bernie Sanders are Biden’s biggest supporters and Pelosi and Schumer are throwing him under the bus. This whole thread is. fire. 

Edited by Motown Bombers

9 hours ago, smr-nj said:

He actually said with the straight face “and we’re gonna fix the roads and the bridges too“. Well now wait a minute… I’m pretty sure that’s Biden‘s infrastructure bill that was passed and the work that’s been being done this past year.
It Had nothing to do with you & your big orange fat head full of nonsense. 

You Candidate Flaming Trousers is swooping in just in time to take credit for it? Why, I never …

9 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I think we might be giving Kimberley Guifoyle’s ignorance too much credit, and we shouldn’t sleep on it. I think she knew exactly what she was doing when she substituted “communists” for “Nazis”, precisely because none of the Oathkeeping Three-precenter Proud Boys are communists. 

9 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I can't stand to ever hear Trump again. And the talking heads on CNN sicken me. I heard them talking about who will be replacing Biden, as if it's a fact.

I know this week has been a low point for us this year and we all came to the conclusion yesterday that Biden is toast, but if there’s one takeaway from this speech, it’s that one horrific performance by Trump could put Biden right back in it, because we are very much a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately country. Was this the performance to do that? Maybe, maybe not. But this speech was the first good thing to happen for Biden since the debate. Eager to see whether they can somehow capitalize on that.