2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

I was driving on 96  near GR and I think it was when Trump and his replacement Pants were leaving.   They had 96 shut down for a while (sat there while a cop SUV was perpendicular to the highway.   Cops on overpass with guns.    They had Kent County snow plows and other municipal vehicles blocking every turnaround in the median

14 hours ago, romad1 said:

This is some stuff...

Peter Thiel is a creepy mofo.

Nowadays when I wonder about how people like Nate Silver, or Lara Logan or Matt Taibbi, change from something we thought we knew to something we had no idea about, I wonder whether they had the RFK worms. 

IMG_0829.jpeg.681000fb03ea248bd2d91fe89d871062.jpeg

We are over a week since the Trump assassination attempt and still no answers why is that? They can't come out and say trump was hit with glass or a bullet? We have to wait until the House hearings? Why some much silence?

Edited by Tigeraholic1

32 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

We are over a week since the Trump assassination attempt and still no answers why is that? They can't come out and say trump was hit with glass or a bullet? We have to wait until the House hearings? Why some much silence?

It’s a moot point because you can’t believe anything that Team Trump says anyway.    It will all be lies if they do ever provide any information. 

15 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Wow.   New Freep poll has Trump +7 in Michigan.   

The truth is always somewhere in the middle, but I am skeptical of a Trump +7 poll.

I have a hard time seeing Trump picking up significant ground like that. He won the state by 0.3% in 2016. He lost by 2.8% in 2020. Am I to believe that he can do better than winning the state by 0.3% eight years, a pandemic, and several felonies later? The most likely result is probably somewhere in between -0.3 and +2.8.... -7 feels outlandish.

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

The truth is always somewhere in the middle, but I am skeptical of a Trump +7 poll.

I have a hard time seeing Trump picking up significant ground like that. He won the state by 0.3% in 2016. He lost by 2.8% in 2020. Am I to believe that he can do better than winning the state by 0.3% eight years, a pandemic, and several felonies later? The most likely result is probably somewhere in between -0.3 and +2.8.... -7 feels outlandish.

Polls aren’t what they used to be that’s for sure.  These numbers wouldn’t surprise if it were a Detroit News poll but shocking to see the Freep as the source.    

How do they even do polling nowadays? I know it used to be they'd call landline phones. I've never owned a landline since moving into my own apartment, and I've never once gotten a call on my cell phone asking me to do polling. And I would probably assume it was a scam and hang up if I did.

It feels like any method that relies on the honor system couldn't be all that reliable. What stops someone who wants Kamala Harris to lead the ticket (or Buttigieg, or Newsome, or Whitmer, or our favorite "Younger Democrat") from just saying Trump, hoping that bad polling will push Biden off the ticket? I mean it's a way of demonstrating dissatisfaction, at the expense of accuracy (if the person would actually ultimately vote for Biden).

11 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I think this whole process has been pretty unfair to Joe Biden, but she's right on this... "sit down and shut up" isn't going to fix this

I’m sure publicly trashing your nominee instead of focusing on your opponent will. Good job Dems. 

23 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

How do they even do polling nowadays?

Step One: Find a for profit company masquerading as an impartial data collector committed to democracy.

Step Two:  Tell them the result that you’d like to achieve.

Step Three:  Pay them lots of money

Step Four:  Release results to the media that are so rabid for clickbait they won’t bother to check or corroborate any of the polling.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Trump wants everyone to think he was shot when we was actually hit by glass.

OK is he in charge of the SS or FBI? Why do they not set the record straight? If it were Biden I would demand answers just the same. 

Edited by Tigeraholic1

How can you have the USSS or FBI report on something that involved the allmighty deity's providence?   How can they report on Trump's health when he's got immaculate health?   When they open his mouth and look at his uvula there is nothing but a beam of bright glowing light that would blind them, unless he regulated its aura to save them because he's just that good of a person.

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

How can you have the USSS or FBI report on something that involved the allmighty deity's providence?   How can they report on Trump's health when he's got immaculate health?   When they open his mouth and look at his uvula there is nothing but a beam of bright glowing light that would blind them, unless he regulated its aura to save them because he's just that good of a person.

So what you are saying is rumors being spread by the RW is better than the current ran administration coming out with the truth because J6? I thought we as a nation were going to try to be better than that going forward. Now we are both siding again. 

Edited by Tigeraholic1