2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Re: Senators... Different states have different appointment/special election rules. I don't know them off hand, but that doesn't automatically dismiss Kelly.

With Kelly, it would trigger an appointment and special election in 2026 per Arizona law.

It isn't without risk, but it's not a deal breaker of one thinks that another candidate can win there next cycle.

The safest picks would be Cooper, Walz or Beshear... Cooper and Beshear were both AGs when Kamala was AG from California, so they are going to be in the upper tier of people considered I would imagine

5 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Re: Senators... Different states have different appointment/special election rules. I don't know them off hand, but that doesn't automatically dismiss Kelly.

Again, what is priority #1?   Keeping Trump out of the White House.    Everything else takes a back seat.    

Look, it's gonna be interesing at the Convention.   I know most think it's gonna be Hoynes, but I am sure some past scandal will pop up.   Bingo Bob Russell doesn't exactly get anyone excited.   Eric Baker is the Governor from a swing state, so that helps him, but I would pay close attention to Matt Santos.    Just something about that guy.    

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I have no idea what the polls will do with this, but Trump will get a lot of pressure from the GOP to change his mind if the GOP does find itself losing ground now.

Edited by gehringer_2

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I have no idea what the polls will do with this, but Trumps get a lot pressure from GOP to change his mind if the GOP does find itself losing ground now.

I think he doesn't want to debate her... His performance last month was awful as well.

But it's telling if he won't do it, and it's not a hard message to sell

Edited by mtutiger