2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Just personal experience.   Women are better bosses.     They tend to treat employees better and they don't focus so much on inflating their ego .    The first time I worked for my current employer the company didn't have the best reputation for employees being happy.   A woman has since taken over and my second run has been shockingly positive.   Sometimes I can't believe what I hear from my higher-ups.    I think "is this the same company?"    Instead of them spending time nitpicking and admonishing, they are encouraging and supportive.  I think she has a lot to do with that.   She set the tone.  That was my experience working at the hospital.  It was almost all women.   The person who founded our research department, Dr. Christine Cole Johnson, is one of the most renown people in American medical research and also very nice to her staff and supportive.   There are exceptions, of course (Carly Fiorina for one), but I think they are just more pragmatic and realistic about running things.   

Harris had issues with work environment earlier in Biden's term IIRC. It was mostly just tabloid fodder for the NY Post and Daily Mail, and it went away in time, but this could come up in the next three months. PoliticoBBC.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

Harris had issues with work environment earlier in Biden's term IIRC. It was mostly just tabloid fodder for the NY Post and Daily Mail, and it went away in time, but this could come up in the next three months. PoliticoBBC.

I rememer it in her 2020 campaign as well.   But alas, as my snarky comments suggest, I don't think this is a comparison that will end well for Slump.     We haven't even gotten to his CFO being in prison. 

1 minute ago, oblong said:

Anecdotally I know of 4 people now who were not going to vote because of Bidens age and now they will vote for Harris. 

I never waivered on voting for him myself, but I was deeply troubled about voting for him.  You can say he'll have good people around him and for day to day stuff, there is some truth to it, but middle of the night emergency and he's just gotten back from a European visit, it's not like you can just decide to let the VP or chief of staff make some of those decisions, that's not how it works.  I was never a Harris fan, but I do feel much more relieved at the idea of voting for her come November.

Just now, 1776 said:

So how much will the Biden-Harris signs/stickers, etc., be worth 50 years from now? 

I still have my 2020 yard sign, I was fixin to put it back out soon

• Haha 1

Just now, pfife said:

I rememer it in her 2020 campaign as well.   But alas, as my snarky comments suggest, I don't think this is a comparison that will end well for Slump.     We haven't even gotten to his CFO being in prison. 

It'll be a double standard though. Just like it was in 2016 and 2020. Trump can grab them by the pussy, Harris will be expected to be perfect.

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

It'll be a double standard though. Just like it was in 2016 and 2020. Trump can grab them by the pussy, Harris will be expected to be perfect.

no doubt there

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I never waivered on voting for him myself, but I was deeply troubled about voting for him.  You can say he'll have good people around him and for day to day stuff, there is some truth to it, but middle of the night emergency and he's just gotten back from a European visit, it's not like you can just decide to let the VP or chief of staff make some of those decisions, that's not how it works.  I was never a Harris fan, but I do feel much more relieved at the idea of voting for her come November.

Her VP pick is going to critical imho.

9 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I think this is totally fair.   I didn't think it was a good strategy to explicitly hope people vote for someone they were super concerned couldn't do the job.  

• Thanks 1

I do think that VP picks can be helpful.

Obama picked Biden, an old white man for a reason. Trump picked Pence, a "christian" seemingly normal person for a reason.

Romney and Ryan made some sense.

Getting a purple state governor like Beshar or Cooper would be interesting choice.

17 minutes ago, romad1 said:

the Magats are using "Kameltoe" to attack her.  I think that should backfire. 

It will.  They are using outdated slurs and don’t forget GenX women are going thru menopause and they embrace this **** now. A badge of honor. No more being ashamed for getting old and being a woman.  They do this at their own peril.  Shark week MF-er. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

Cheatle in front of Comer's house committee right now, for anyone interested in that sort of thing. 

Is she apologizing for being a DEI queen who couldn't think straight because of her hormones? 

Edited by romad1

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/07/21/harris-potential-vp-picks-biden-dropout-00170204

Little write up on who they think Harris will be discussing.  Shapiro is about the only one that I think will be a hard no as I think that would anger the progressives (Jewish).  Newsom doesn't check any strategic boxes, but he's great in front of the camera.  Whitmer, Cooper, Kelly, and Bashear seem to make the most strategic sense.  

2 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I want to see the ad that shows

For 203 years every transition from a living president to another was peaceful......until Trump

Since it's establishment as our nation's capital in 1793, Washington DC never had to be fenced off.........until Trump

Every since being asked, every candidate for President has shown their tax returns.........until Trump

Every departing President showed up at the next President's inauguration........until Trump

He once asked if ingesting cleanser could prevent COVID.   

He's a convicted felon, 34 times over. 

I mean...........just go after this piece of crap.       Turn the whole age thing around on him too. 

Donald Trump is too old to run for or be president. The media should laser focus on that for the next few weeks. Put him on the defensive!

• Like 1