2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

39 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

I do think that VP picks can be helpful.

Obama picked Biden, an old white man for a reason. Trump picked Pence, a "christian" seemingly normal person for a reason.

Romney and Ryan made some sense.

Getting a purple state governor like Beshar or Cooper would be interesting choice.

Kentucky is a red state and obviously Harris wouldn't win it regardless. Having said that, the clip of Beshear on Morning Joe this morning, and his specific calling out of how Vance has embellished his ties to Kentucky, moved him up a few notches in my book.

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Well as long as we are withdrawing from jobs were weren't being considered for, I guess I will too.

MichiganCardinal will not be serving as Harris' Secretary of State.

Well, there goes my vote for Harris.

Nahhh, only kidding. My vote for Harris doesn't matter because Illinois is already in the bag for Democrats.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Is she apologizing for being a DEI queen who couldn't think straight because of her hormones? 

I'm not an expert here and am pretty undecided.   So far in this hearing all persons but Jim Jordan have been pretty informative.

I'm pretty open to her taking a fall for this but I think some of the things she has said have illuminated the situation. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Good, lets put 'em to work.   There are distribution and construction worker shortages all over this country.    Let them start earning their way and let 'em pay some taxes too.   There you go.   Just solved a problem.  We need workers.  They need a new start.  Everyone wins. 

24 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Talk about a waist of time. Could not answer any question with a yes or no answer.

Good theater for the Congress critters but no bureaucracy is going to produce a vetted report for her to speak from in this short a time frame. That's just organizational reality. A number of the questions like reconstructing the shooter's day were not even her purview - they are the FBI's. The one proper defense she didn't use was that much of some of what he was asking were "sources and methods" questions which should be classified info.

Executive branch people have sort of learned the best thing is just sit down and take their lashes and let it all roll off and don't say anything to feed the beast,  but you don't want to be too obvious about the 'possum play.

Edited by gehringer_2