2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I know the cost of freedom. You ever smell boiling guts from IED fragment stuck in your buddy? Not something anyone should feel or see. That was Afghan freedom that no longer exists.  

And that’s the difference isn’t it, that the Ukrainians are fighting for themselves for sometime we both understand in the same way while it was never more than a minority of Afghans that was true for? It’s tragic but it’s also true that there is only so much one society can do for another and those lines are not always easy to see in real time when decisions are made. We were also told we’d be hailed as liberators in Iraq, ~10 yrs ago we were laughing at how foolish that seemed, but maybe today not so much. History has a way of turning things on their heads more than once before it’s done.  The US has been no saint around the world in my lifetime, it’s been a very mixed bag, but I have fewer reservations about supporting Ukraine than I’ve had about most of our FP adventures. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

We will continue to send billions upon billions to satisfy a stalemate 

40 years in Germany, Japan and South Korea were a net positive for the World.   I guess you didn't learn that in college.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I know the cost of freedom. You ever smell boiling guts from IED fragment stuck in your buddy? Not something anyone should feel or see. That was Afghan freedom that no longer exists.  

I appreciate and respect your view on this.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Which Trump caused to happen because Putin wanted us out of Bagram.   You know he brags about making Biden take that deal. 

3 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

The arguments against Diaper Don and the Bearded Lady Vance could almost write themselves

Sadly, I think that there are a fair number of people who agree with this. The trick is to turn out enough voters to outnumber them. 

(from a childfree, crazy cat lady)

4 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

Sadly, I think that there are a fair number of people who agree with this. The trick is to turn out enough voters to outnumber them. 

(from a childfree, crazy cat lady)

lol.  Do they not understand that there are more than a few of us out there?  And that we are most definitely all-in American?

And that we pay attention?

And that we vote?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

40 years in Germany, Japan and South Korea were a net positive for the World.   I guess you didn't learn that in college.

Those were all occupation situations where we had boots on the ground after American blood spilled champ. I guess I owe my teacher an apple. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Which Trump caused to happen because Putin wanted us out of Bagram.   You know he brags about making Biden take that deal. 

Ah yes Bagram. Last I heard China was making themselves at home there. Why wouldn’t they? It was strategically important for our military to control it to put pressure on them. 

6 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Ah yes Bagram. Last I heard China was making themselves at home there. Why wouldn’t they? It was strategically important for our military to control it to put pressure on them. 

Weird that Trump was being coached in it by his puppet masters