2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

15 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Interesting 

Colon Rugg owns trending politicsnews.com

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/trendingpoliticsnews-com-bias/

• Overall, we rate TrendingPoliticsNews.com Right Biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and several failed fact checks by their parent source TrendingPolitics.com.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Interesting 

• Overall, we rate TrendingPoliticsNews.com Right Biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, and several failed fact checks by their parent source TrendingPolitics.com.

17 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Interesting 

Just now, CMRivdogs said:

Settle down CMRIV.  

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

For some reason i want to listen to Neil Young now. 

Listen to a version by DMB with Warren Haynes joining them. From Central Park in 2003. I list and watch every few months.  

14 minutes ago, 1776 said:

I fully believe this resignation was an orchestrated effort by insiders in the party. They made the decision for him. On his own, he wasn’t going to step down. The money was drying up and so was the vocal support for him. It got to the point where the decision had been made for him. 

Do you mean he was literally forced, or they made the stay option so bad that the correct choice was clear?  Or something else?

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Y'alls desperation is entertaining.  

I personally would not invoke the word “blackmailed” but it was clearly an orchestrated undertaking across the party for the reasons I cited earlier.

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

Do you mean he was literally forced, or they made the stay option so bad that the correct choice was clear?  Or something else?

Thank you for asking? I believe they “made the stay option so bad” that he didn’t really have any viable options left. I’m sure the inside circle was urging him  to leave for the sake of the November election. 

22 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Was just reading up on Walz's resume. Very impressive, 24 years National Guard, retired with the rank of Sargent Major. Was the highest ranking enlisted soldier to serve in Congress. Basically considered a moderate/liberal. Voted against TARP in Congress. He was in favor of gun rights but has expressed support for gun regulation. As governor he signed a law establishing background checks and red flag regulations. 
High ratings from Planned Parenthood and LGBT groups. Strong women's issues and education.

Im just not sure if he would add much to the ticket as far as Electorial Votes.

I think Walz is an underrated. Minnesota is probably blue but he probably has appeal in Wisconsin and Michigan. I'm surprised Bashear wasn't on the list. Good with rural white voters and suburban voters. He did well in Appalachia which could play well in Pennsylvania and in the south in Georgia and North Carolina. 

36 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Interesting 

Get clicks and make money.  That’s all Colin Rugg cares about.   He’s got no inside sources.  He’s a 24 year old kid from San Diego.  

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

Every third cup go decaf. That works for me …. sometimes.

I've tried half caf, may need to go back to that. Trying to follow my pulmonary/cardio rehab nurses suggestions. No caffeine before exercising 

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Thank you for asking? I believe they “made the stay option so bad” that he didn’t really have any viable options left. I’m sure the inside circle was urging him  to leave for the sake of the November election. 

I think this happened to an extent too.

I think when they started going public, it became untenable, and they chose to do that and I think it was purposeful, my understanding is it was after many private attempts.

I also think some donors may have consciously decided not to donate to force him out, but I think others probably just thought he was doomed and it was a waste of money.   

In the end, if he remained and was nominated, I expected to see a commercial 2 minutes after his acceptance speech listing off all of the Democrats in his party that said he wasn't fit to be president.   I don't know how he can recover from that.

or if you want to entertain the opposite conspiratorial thought, Biden and Harris cooked this up (well probably excluding the horrible debate performance) as the only way for Biden not to run without being a lame duck for two years and opening the party to a primary that could have been bruising and left the eventual nominee too damaged to win in November. This way Biden has an effective office for 3 1/2 full years, plus the succession field was frozen through the primaries, which creates the clear path for Harris, who is being duly annointed - all according to plan.......

🤷‍♀️

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

or if you want to entertain the opposite conspiratorial thought, Biden and Harris cooked this up (well probably excluding the horrible debate performance) as the only way for Biden not to run without opening the party to a primary that could have been bruising and left the eventual nominee too damaged to win in November. This way the field was frozen through the primaries, which creates the clear path for Harris, who is being duly annointed - all according to plan.......

🤷‍♀️

They also made sure Biden vehemently denied leaving the race so Trump would think he isn't going anywhere and attack him at the convention only for Biden to pull the rug out from under him. 

I would be open to agreeing with a notion that when Biden decided to bounce, a handoff was coordinated with Harris.

I'm ok w/ believing the notion that Biden decided that on Saturday, not way before then.   That would be awesome if they rope-a-dope'd trump like that though.

G2 do you think it's conspiratorial to think the Democrats that wanted him out intentionally made the "stay in the race" option untenable?

Somebody from the Bullwerk posted video from a Biden interview during the 2020 campaign and compared it to the ABC interview. The difference as startling. The mind is probably still there, the rest of the body's not. 

It reminded me of a neighbor several years ago. Smart, vital man in his 70s. I remember a conversation we had when he was in his early 80s, every couple of minutes he asked me the same question. The guy passed a year or so later

3 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Somebody from the Bullwerk posted video from a Biden interview during the 2020 campaign and compared it to the ABC interview. The difference as startling. The mind is probably still there, the rest of the body's not. 

It reminded me of a neighbor several years ago. Smart, vital man in his 70s. I remember a conversation we had when he was in his early 80s, every couple of minutes he asked me the same question. The guy passed a year or so later

And Trump looks worse because he refuses to step aside even if defeated in an election. 

• Like 1