2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

6 hours ago, romad1 said:

this stigmata Trump is gonna be interesting.  He claims to have "taken a bullet for democracy".  

There was a time when he had his chance to actually do that, but he chickened out.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pfife said:

One of my favorite political photos.  Gov Walz after he signed universal free meals for school kids.   

Whitmer did this too in Michigan.

image.png.b3d0389a9f8045823eb0e46423744985.png

The right wingers would probably call him a pedophile.  

5 hours ago, pfife said:

I would be open to agreeing with a notion that when Biden decided to bounce, a handoff was coordinated with Harris.

I'm ok w/ believing the notion that Biden decided that on Saturday, not way before then.   That would be awesome if they rope-a-dope'd trump like that though.

I had hypothesized something along these lines might happen.

On 7/19/2024 at 4:07 PM, chasfh said:

You know, at some point Trump is going to have the take the bandage off he ear, and it had better look good and gnarly, because if it doesn't, then we're all going to know that he wasn't actually shot. Except for the evangelicals who will claim Jesus touched his ear and healed it back to 100% because Trump sits at the right hand of The Son.

Praise Jesus!

I know Morgan Freeman is not a red hat, but at least someone else noticed.

Edited by chasfh

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I don't know why I thought about this, but is Harris the one Obama said was good looking? I feel like there was a controversy when Obama introduced a woman and commented on her looks and I feel like it was in California. 

An honest politician is refreshing. 

It was Harris. This was the first time I heard of Kamala Harris because I had to look her to see what Obama was talking about. 

"After his remark that California’s Kamala Harris was the “best-looking attorney general in the country” sparked controversy, President Obama apologized for what some deemed to be a sexist comment, and what others argued was a dumb, but harmless, compliment.

The president called Harris to apologize for the comments hours after he made them on Thursday during a San Francisco fundraiser for the Democratic National Committee, according to White House spokesman Jay Carney."

Edited by Motown Bombers

MCS VEEP RANKINGS

1 - Mark Kelly  -  can't worry about 2026 right now, it's too important.  checks off a lot of boxes

2 - Josh Shapiro - some say he's only 2 years into his post, but Trump had 0 going in and Vance only has 2 years

3 - Roy Cooper - I don't think he swings NC, but he might play well in a few other states.  

4 - Andy Beshear - Wouldn't win Kentucky, but could help elsewhere and younger than Cooper

I think it's one of those 4.    I don't think Gretchen gets the nod because two women is pretty risky in our unenlightened country, but I think she gets a cabinet position if she wants one.  

5 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Can't wait until Trump eviscerates Musk. 

Tesla profit announcement today down 45%. Money is thicker than politics. A GOP tax cut might be nice but  maybe he's starting to  figure out that EV buyers are on the blue side of the spectrum?

Edited by gehringer_2

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

MCS VEEP RANKINGS

1 - Mark Kelly  -  can't worry about 2026 right now, it's too important.  checks off a lot of boxes

2 - Josh Shapiro - some say he's only 2 years into his post, but Trump had 0 going in and Vance only has 2 years

3 - Roy Cooper - I don't think he swings NC, but he might play well in a few other states.  

4 - Andy Beshear - Wouldn't win Kentucky, but could help elsewhere and younger than Cooper

I think it's one of those 4.    I don't think Gretchen gets the nod because two women is pretty risky in our unenlightened country, but I think she gets a cabinet position if she wants one.  

Shapiro was attorney general before governor so he does have other experience. He won in 2016 when Trump and Toomey won Pennsylvania. Kelly does well with Hispanics, can be good on the border issue, and offers military experience. 

Thing with Biden's age is that he might still be sharp mentally but watching him move was not encouraging.   

Did you see the movie The Irishman?    They de-aged Robert DeNiro in several scenes.     Then they used what was supposed to be 40-year old DeNiro beating up someone at a grocery store, but instead of using a body double for the long shot, they used DeNiro, who did not move like anyone under 70 and it was the biggest bum note in the movie.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Hasn't Trump promised to make electric cars illegal? 

He promised the auto workers that he'll  ease up the emissions mandate. Says they'll all be put out of work. He plans to forget climate initiatives because climate change is a hoax, to his base. If it kills Tesla, oh well. But nothing he says can be believed, he lies way too much.