2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

34 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Tesla profit announcement today down 45%. Money is thicker than politics. A GOP tax cut might be nice but  maybe he's starting to  figure out that EV buyers are on the blue side of the spectrum?

Seen speculation that JD Vance was Thiel and Musk’s quid pro quo and now they are teaching Donald the “ Art of the Deal”

Tesla profit announcement today down 45%. Money is thicker than politics. A GOP tax cut might be nice but  maybe he's starting to  figure out that EV buyers are on the blue side of the spectrum?

Seen speculation that JD Vance was Thiel and Musk’s quid pro quo and now they are teaching Donald the “ Art of the Deal”

34 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I see you got bit by the same bug that got me this morning

17 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Not presidential, but this is the best DEI comeback I've seen so far

He has a much better campaign team this time versus last runs and they will respond with something more effective than whatever this is, that's my guess.

If they make this race an up and down referendum on Kamala's race, they will lose. LaCivita and Wiles likely know that, but they can't necessarily control their fellow party members and media organs either

Edited by mtutiger

Maybe if Republicans would actually do something about "illegals" rather than talking ****.

How about cracking down on businesses and industries that knowingly hire the immigrants. Shut down any poultry farms, beef manufacturers, builders, etc.

Watch the hospitality and restaurant industries go down the drain.

Like a former Republican President once said "jobs Americans don't want" from what I see young white folks don't want them 

One really nice surprise from this, there are some really great folks on the Democratic bench.   Gov Walz is on MSNBC now and he's awesome.

Related to CMRiv's post, Alex Wagner just slyly called DJ Vince the VP nominee... for now.

8 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Get clicks and make money.  That’s all Colin Rugg cares about.   He’s got no inside sources.  He’s a 24 year old kid from San Diego.  

The blue checkmark is the dead giveaway. Always be careful retweeting blue checkmarks, particularly if they are lifting something from somebody else. Engagement farmers.

12 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Speaking of DeSantis, the media suddenly quit talking about him. He was totally built by the media as a rival to Trump but completely lacked the charisma. He reminds me of Scott Walker. 

Has any candidate ever fizzled out more on a national stage than DeSantis?