2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Tell me what would that change? 

I don't know that anything would change.

That's not the point, though... We are entrusting this man, should he be elected again, to this position; to be the most powerful person on the planet. And to the extent that the lack of details is driven by him personally (and would it be surprising if it was, frankly?), we can infer what to expect should become President.

Especially, as we are currently experiencing, as he proceeds from his late 70s into his early 80s.

Just now, mtutiger said:

That's not the point, though... We are entrusting this man, should he be elected again, to this position; to be the most powerful person on the planet. And to the extent that the lack of details is driven by him personally (and would it be surprising if it was, frankly?), we can infer what to expect should become President.

Especially, as we are currently experiencing, as he proceeds from his late 70s into his early 80s.

Yeah, trusting Trump to provide transparency is something only the Russians and Iranians are able to ask.

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Put another way, if he isn't providing details on this, what happens three years into his term of he suffers some medical issue? Do we think he's going to be straight with us?

Edited by mtutiger

21 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Put another way, if he isn't providing details on this, what happens three years into his term of he suffers some medical issue? Do we think he's going to be straight with us?

Have you forgot about Joe Biden? Did that literally not just happen with him? Why would a piece of glass or a bullet hitting Trumps ear affect  him in three years? I am so confused.

Have you forgot about Joe Biden? Did that literally not just happen with him? Why would a piece of glass or a bullet hitting Trumps ear affect  him in three years? I am so confused.

Does Joe Biden have some condition we don't know about. He's old and we all know that perfectly well, he's out in public not hiding it. His checkup results have been released.  How is that not transparent? How is it comparable to Trump who has given us nothing but fantasy medical reports about himself since 2015.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Have you forgot about Joe Biden? Did that literally not just happen with him? 

If you are concerned about Joe Biden and his age, why wouldn't you be concerned about Donald Trump going from 79 to 83?

Joe Biden's experience only underscores the concerns we have with Trump and the transparency around his health, does it not?

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Does Joe Biden have some condition we don't know about. He's old and we all know that perfectly well, he's out in public not hiding it. His checkup results have been released.  How is that not transparent? How is it comparable to Trump who has given us nothing but fantasy medical reports about himself since 2015.

This is exactly right.

It strikes me as hypocritical to complain about Joe Biden's health or engage in conspiracies around it while ignoring or dismissing concerns around Trump

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

This is exactly right.

It strikes me as hypocritical to complain about Joe Biden's health or engage in conspiracies around it while ignoring or dismissing concerns around Trump

Where was the outcry about Biden’s health and age when he ran in 2020. Was he not 78? Facts are hard to grasp….

Where was the outcry about Biden’s health and age when he ran in 2020. Was he not 78? Facts are hard to grasp….

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Joe Biden's experience only underscores the concerns we have with Trump and the transparency around his health, does it not?

I would add, there has been a ton of discussion about Joe Biden's age and abilities from the moment he declared for office in 2019. Certainly orders of magnitude more than has ever been had regarding Trump.

It's amazing that this even a debate lol

Edited by mtutiger

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I would add, there has been a ton of discussion about Joe Biden's age and abilities from the moment he declared for office in 2019. Certainly orders of magnitude more than has ever been had regarding Trump.

It's amazing that this even a debate lol

I really enjoy debating with you. I mean no ill will. I try to stand up for my values but I respect yours too. We get to speak our minds and that is america and I adore it. 

I really enjoy debating with you. 

I do as well, but I think you tend to dodge a lot of my questions... Such as this one:

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I do as well, but I think you tend to dodge a lot of my questions... Such as this one:

Should presidents or presidential nominees have to take a physical and cognitive test, yes. Send me a petition and I would sign it.

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Should presidents or presidential nominees have to take a physical and cognitive test, yes. Send me a petition and I would sign it.

In the interest of transparency, should Trump release more information related to his hospitalization for what took place in Butler? 

And would you agree that it isn't, in fact, conspiratorial to expect more medical transparency regarding an assassination attempt on a political figure widely believed to be the front runner to become President?

3 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Careful, you will be called a right wing lunatic talking like that in here. 

I’ve been called all sorts of things that I’m not, so I’m not that worried about it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

In the interest of transparency, should Trump release more information related to his hospitalization for what took place in Butler? 

And would you agree that it isn't, in fact, conspiratorial to expect more medical transparency regarding an assassination attempt on a political figure widely believed to be the front runner to become President?

Of course it should. Why doesn’t the FBI have more info? I have said this many times. Were they not on site that day? The SS was there how come they don’t answer these questions? I would trust those answers. 

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Of course it should. Why doesn’t the FBI have more info? 

Last I checked, the FBI aren't in the medical field. That buck stops with the candidate who received medical treatment.

I wasn't alive for Reagan's assassination attempt, but from reading about it and family who were alive at the time discussing it, he was transparent. We heard from the docs, we knew the details straight from them in a way that we just haven't here.

You can go ahead and think it's nothing, fall back on "I saw what I saw on the video", but if someone wants this particular job, I expect a lot more.

• Like 1

Of course it should. Why doesn’t the FBI have more info? I have said this many times. Were they not on site that day? The SS was there how come they don’t answer these questions? I would trust those answers. 

This isn’t a TV show where things get wrapped up in a half hour.  It’s being investigated.  They aren’t going to give a press conference every time a detail emerges.  The USSS will keep things close so as to not reveal protection standards. 

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

This isn’t a TV show where things get wrapped up in a half hour.  It’s being investigated.  They aren’t going to give a press conference every time a detail emerges.  The USSS will keep things close so as to not reveal protection standards. 

Agree 109% until then rumors will swirl.