2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Agree 109% until then rumors will swirl.

Maybe Former President Trump could dispel some of those rumors by releasing some of the details relating to his visit to the hospital?

Or does he not have any agency here?

It's amazing... He's a 78 year old man running (once again) to be the most powerful man in the world. And yet, we continue to infantilize him, act as if he has no agency or control over anything.

I expect more from my five year old than what many expect from this guy apparently 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Maybe Former President Trump could dispel some of those rumors by releasing some of the details relating to his visit to the hospital?

Or does he not have any agency here?

Like Rob said the truth is out there. We will just have to wait.

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Like Rob said the truth is out there. We will just have to wait.

Ehh, Donald Trump could release information related to his medical treatment or the doctors to speak to it today if he wanted to.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Ehh, Donald Trump could release information related to his medical treatment or the doctors to speak to it today if he wanted to.

Very true. He is a private citizen currently as well. Not saying he shouldn’t but he is not required to.

10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Very true. He is a private citizen currently as well. Not saying he shouldn’t but he is not required to.

He's not required to, but he is running for the highest office in the land and to be the most powerful person on earth. 

Given the circumstances, along with his age and his general untrustworthiness, I think it's fair that people expect a lot more information than what he has released to date 

He's not required to, but he is running for the highest office in the land and to be the most powerful person on earth. 

Given the circumstances, along with his age and his general untrustworthiness, I think it's fair that people expect a lot more information than what he has released to date 

Doesn't he have to relay information to his parole officer?  He has a drug test requirement for example to make sure he's not taking any class 1 through 3 drugs without prescription.  

38 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Doesn't he have to relay information to his parole officer?  He has a drug test requirement for example to make sure he's not taking any class 1 through 3 drugs without prescription.  

Trump is on parole?

1 hour ago, oblong said:

This isn’t a TV show where things get wrapped up in a half hour.  It’s being investigated.  They aren’t going to give a press conference every time a detail emerges.  The USSS will keep things close so as to not reveal protection standards. 

and yet the director of USSS was hounded out of office for not given those very details on such a real time basis. Not that I can defend the quality of her public performance but exactly as you note, she shouldn't have been answering most of the questions she was getting at the Congressional hearing even if she could have.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Expected and required are two very different things. 

23 minutes ago, pfife said:

its pretty incredible how quickly the unified reich decided they weren't law and order anymore just because the opponent was a successful prosecutor

They’re pulling out all the stops since this is the last election ever.  

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Expected and required are two very different things. 

Not sure why that matters at all... the point is if he can't meet the expectations that come with the circumstances, you shouldn't be surprised if people hold that against him. 

Not sure why that matters at all... the point is if he can't meet the expectations that come with the circumstances, you shouldn't be surprised if people hold that against him. 

So you’re saying a doctor can tell us what hit  his ear because he is doctor today but it will take 2 months for the FBI to tell us what hit his ear?

Hooray! There's still some sane people left in the world.  Dealing with the dumb****ery of the Trump era is exhausting.  I literally took an early retirement because having the listen to highly trained medical professionals say things like masks don't work, the jab, did he die with Covid or from Covid?  

Then being the black sheep liberal atheist in a family of supposed religious people.  Ugh.  Ironically one is a single cat lady, another had to conceive her children through IVF, another has a disabled child, one had serious mental health issues and one has post Covid complications (from before the vaccine even came out, but it's the vaccine that caused it)  When asked about why they still vote for Trump despite him being against everything Jesus preaches and life issues, it seems to the the "handouts".  Those illegals!  Paying off student loans!  The welfare moms!  Mind you, all the siblings could easily pay double, triple or more in taxes and never miss it.  But damnit, they WORKED for it! (Spoiler alert, we were all born on third base, but I'm the only one that realizes that)  Why should they pay for those slackers!?!  

Thankfully, I married a sane person and we had normal children.  Ha.  But thank you MTS for being the eye in the ****storm of stupidity. I'm saving Romad's post.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

He’s doing it again. It’s so weird. 

When Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis entered a hotel in Iowa on Friday, he was immediately ambushed by a woman who peppered him with questions about when he would “drop out” of the race and whether he’s “already wasted enough of people’s money” as she followed him with a camera.

Afterward, the encounter found its way to social media. The woman — far-right social media influencer Laura Loomer — cut a scene in which she said DeSantis “looked petrified,” adding she believed “his soul left his body when he saw me.”

“He’s going to lose,” Loomer, a twice-failed congressional candidate and self-described “proud Islamophobe” said in a clip filmed outside the hotel. “President Trump is going to kick his a-- on Monday, Jan. 15. And that’s it for Ron. You killed your political career and I hope you’re happy. You just got Loomered, b----.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trumps-embrace-far-right-activist-laura-loomer-worries-allies-rcna133190