2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

8 hours ago, pfife said:

The only reason I think it matters what hit his ear is that he's taken to saying he took a bullet for democracy

I would contend he may or may not have taken a bullet.  That's fair to debate.

I would contend he's not doing anything for democracy.  He's in this for himself.  That's not debatable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, casimir said:

I would contend he may or may not have taken a bullet.  That's fair to debate.

I would contend he's not doing anything for democracy.  He's in this for himself.  That's not debatable.

good call, the statement is already false on that point.

30 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So you’re saying a doctor can tell us what hit  his ear because he is doctor today but it will take 2 months for the FBI to tell us what hit his ear?

I believe that the American public deserves to know the *medical* information related to his visit. And that we should expect candidates running for office to release that information in the event that something like this happened.

I'm not going to rehash this.... the precedent in past cases (ie. Reagan, Ford, etc.) isn't being met.

As if we needed any more reasons to fear and loathe Donald Trump, his intentional hiding of the details surrounding this shooting incident is merely one more data point working against him. The election probably won’t turn on this and only this, but there is no real reason he must keep this information from the American public. The only reason I can come up with is that he was not actually hit by a bullet, which is more than plausible, but he needs us to believe he was so people will vote for him as an American hero or something, so it’s merely one more lie from a liar who to all appearances hates the truth. No, I don’t have any proof of this, but I am a voter who can come to my own conclusions about it, and I will remind everybody with whom I happen to get into a conversation about the election about how he is hiding the details of the incident.

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

good call, the statement is already false on that point.

And while we're parsing statements, Trump's statement about not having or needing another election after this one cannot be highlighted enough between now and when it should be offered up as the first question in the next presidential debate.  The debate can be focused on that single question for all that I care.  Toss that one to Trump, and let him explain it.  Make it absolutely crystal clear that he needs to expound on that particular comment.  Because its either with obvious nefarious intent given the backdrop of January 6, or he's the doddering old drunk uncle fool that he quite simply is.  And, actuall, probably both is true.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, casimir said:

And while we're parsing statements, Trump's statement about not having or needing another election after this one cannot be highlighted enough between now and when it should be offered up as the first question in the next presidential debate.  The debate can be focused on that single question for all that I care.  Toss that one to Trump, and let him explain it.  Make it absolutely crystal clear that he needs to expound on that particular comment.  Because its either with obvious nefarious intent given the backdrop of January 6, or he's the doddering old drunk uncle fool that he quite simply is.  And, actuall, probably both is true.

They should also follow up when he inevitably doesn't answer or talks incomprehensibly, instead of just moving on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I believe that the American public deserves to know the *medical* information related to his visit. And that we should expect candidates running for office to release that information in the event that something like this happened.

I'm not going to rehash this.... the precedent in past cases (ie. Reagan, Ford, etc.) isn't being met.

I understand and agree that Americans should know what happened.

I don’t understand why you are insisting that a person who lies about absolutely everything should to be the one to provide the actual proof.   

We both know that if he were to ever actually supply a medical document that it would be falsified.   

32 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

You basically want a doctor who was not a the shooting to tell you what hit Trump? So his opinion of what hit him would quell the angry mobs? I don't get it.

I've never heard of mts posters having to have professional editor level quality of review of their posts.   It's about time we get MAGA to raise the standards of correctness around here

40 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Oh, so the polls are fake again now that Kamala has pulled close to even in the swing states? And because crowd sizes?

Just so we're clear, Harris was in Massachusetts yesterday and not Pennsylvania. There was a rally in central Pennsylvania headlined by Shapiro which drew hundreds. Whatever that was was more likely an organizing meeting. Harris already has 15,000 who RSVP'd to her rally coming up in Atlanta. 

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

If you hire a good  editor for your book they will catch these misstatements.

i enjoy whatever it is you are doing with this.  Keep going.  Thanks for the GDTs.  

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

He should be asked about this at a debate as well...

He means all vaccines.  They change your DNA. Also DNA isn’t real.  Nobody knows what comprises the human body except God and Doug Forcett up in Canada.

2 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

You basically want a doctor who was not a the shooting to tell you what hit Trump? So his opinion of what hit him would quell the angry mobs? I don't get it.

I think I've been pretty clear as to what my expectations are. If you cannot comprehend that, its on you

37 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Very interesting.  Probably won’t get rid of Vance because he is so arrogant to assume it’s a problem.  But he’s also a cranky baby so…

He cannot stand that he’s being made fun of.  

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I think I've been pretty clear as to what my expectations are. If you cannot comprehend that, its on you

I said I agree with you. We can't make people do things. We can keep it front and center so they don't forget about it.