2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

5 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I said I agree with you. We can't make people do things. We can keep it front and center so they don't forget about it.

Really all I am asking is that he is treated to the same standard that any other POTUS candidate or POTUS would be if they were in this situation.

And based on history, it's pretty clearly not happening. So no, I don't think we agree here

42 minutes ago, romad1 said:

He means all vaccines.  They change your DNA. Also DNA isn’t real.  Nobody knows what comprises the human body except God and Doug Forcett up in Canada.

He means both.  If he says "all vaccines" then he'll alienate some of his more moderate supporters.  If he says, "Covid vaccines", he'll be seen as weak by his anti-vax supporters.  So, he just says "vaccines".  I am pretty sure, he doesn't care one way or the other about vaccine mandates.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

Did Trump ever apologize for that Central Park 5 thing? No, he didn't. If you want to toss out zombie stories, I'm going to have a lot more ammo than you.

JD Vance literally called Donald Trump Hitler, yet finds himself on the ticket as we speak.

In that context, color me skeptical than anyone will care about anything relating to Jussie Smollett in YOOL 2024

• Like 1

Just now, mtutiger said:

JD Vance literally called Donald Trump Hitler, yet finds himself on the ticket as we speak.

In that context, color me skeptical than anyone will care about anything relating to Jussie Smollett in YOOL 2024

Point

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

If by JD Vance’s calculation Trump is America’s Hitler, doesn’t that make Vance America’s Goering?

I really don't understand why people who work in this business are surprised by the reaction to JD Vance's past comments.

And to Liam Donovan's point, running in Ohio is a much different animal than running nationwide. The body of work in Ohio (running as poorly as he did in 2022) foreshadowed all of this... and even with all of that, there seemed to be no basic vetting at all that took place.

Edited by mtutiger

20 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

Did Trump ever apologize for that Central Park 5 thing? No, he didn't. If you want to toss out zombie stories, I'm going to have a lot more ammo than you.

I see your Trump 1989 story when he was a civilian and raise you AG Harris.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

"When he was a civilian..."

Talk about a distinction that is completely irrelevant to his character 

So Harris gets to take a pass on any of her actions? Because… Trump? I thought the democrats were the open and honest representing everyone party? 

17 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I see your Trump 1989 story when he was a civilian and raise you AG Harris.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2024/07/27/kamala-harris-prosecutor-california-police-election-crime

As attorney general in 2010, Harris’ office also opposed DNA testing requested by the lawyers for Kevin Cooper, who had been on the state’s death row since 1985 for a quadruple murder he said he did not commit. In 2018, after a New York Times article highlighted misconduct by police investigators in Cooper’s case, Harris advocated for the state to allow the testing.

A comprehensive investigation commissioned by the state did ultimately conduct DNA testing, concluding last year that the evidence of Cooper’s guilt was “extensive and conclusive.”

1 minute ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So Harris gets to take a pass on any of her actions? Because… Trump? I thought the democrats were the open and honest representing everyone party? 

Kamala Harris will have to answer for her record as it pertains to her time as AG. I have no doubt that Trump's campaign will make sure of it.

But the OP was discussing Donald Trump. And your response seems... rather evasive as to his point.

6 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2024/07/27/kamala-harris-prosecutor-california-police-election-crime

As attorney general in 2010, Harris’ office also opposed DNA testing requested by the lawyers for Kevin Cooper, who had been on the state’s death row since 1985 for a quadruple murder he said he did not commit. In 2018, after a New York Times article highlighted misconduct by police investigators in Cooper’s case, Harris advocated for the state to allow the testing.

A comprehensive investigation commissioned by the state did ultimately conduct DNA testing, concluding last year that the evidence of Cooper’s guilt was “extensive and conclusive.”

Interesting, so after new information came to light, then US Senator Harris changed her mind?

Definitely not a quality we want in leaders... I'd rather they just double down over and over again regardless of whatever additional info arises like a certain GOP candidate has tended to do /s

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Kamala Harris will have to answer for her record as it pertains to her time as AG. I have no doubt that Trump's campaign will make sure of it.

But the OP was discussing Donald Trump. And your response seems... rather evasive as to his point.

Just a PSA I never once voted for Trump. I voted Obama twice and helped turn Indiana blue in 2008 (very proud of that!) voted Biden last time as well. I don’t like Harris and I don’t like the bait and switch nominee process this year.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Interesting, so after new information came to light, then US Senator Harris changed her mind?

Definitely not a quality we want in leaders... I'd rather they just double down over and over again regardless of whatever additional info arises like a certain GOP candidate has tended to do /s

How about when her office knew the DNA data being used for other cases was inaccurate and they refused to divulge that information allowing innocent people to be convicted?

Also what about the silence after Jussie framing innocent men and HER calling a it a modern day Lynching? 

deflection is 3….2….1…

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Just a PSA I never once voted for Trump. I voted Obama twice and helped turn Indiana blue in 2008 (very proud of that!) voted Biden last time as well. I don’t like Harris and I don’t like the bait and switch nominee process this year.

Harris would not have been my ideal choice, but I am open to the idea that she has learned things since 2020 and since ascending to the VP slot.

And regarding the nominee process, I've been clear since as to my uneasiness with the decision by Biden to go for this since about October or November of last year. And the reality is that he let this go on too long, he just did.

But I don't think it's Kamala Harris' fault how this has played out... It's a circumstance of Biden making the decision to go for this, having a disastrous debate and then subsequently dragging this decision out far too long to the point where, from a practical standpoint, she was the only realistic chance of making this a race.

Kamala will have to prove it in these coming weeks as to whether she is worthy. I just don't think it is fair to hold it against her how she ended up in this spot, I just don't.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

How about when her office knew the DNA data being used for other cases was inaccurate and they refused to divulge that information allowing innocent people to be convicted?

Also what about the silence after Jussie framing innocent men and HER calling a it a modern day Lynching? 

deflection is 3….2….1…

As far as what happened in her office, she will have to answer questions on how she ran her office. I don't doubt that everything that happened isn't perfect or above board.

But this election is a binary choice between two people... I'm not voting for Jesus Christ, I'm voting for the best of the two options in front of me. And that is Kamala Harris if she is going against Donald Trump.

As far as Jussie Smollett is concerned, I honestly don't give a ****... I wasn't a resident of Cook County or IL at the time  and I have tried to avoid culture war **** like the plague. Because it's pointless and doesn't affect me

Edited by mtutiger