2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

JD Vance literally called Donald Trump Hitler, yet finds himself on the ticket as we speak.

In that context, color me skeptical than anyone will care about anything relating to Jussie Smollett in YOOL 2024

You can not win the what about game when you support Trump.  Never.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Kamala Harris will have to answer for her record as it pertains to her time as AG

You can't be an AG or prosecutor without leaving a history of some cases that you got wrong - so stories about single cases I take with a grain of salt. The biggest knock I've heard about Harris that I would take seriously is that she burns out staff people - that's not a good trait. I read some defenses that she's gotten better, but I would look for people fired or exiting the campaign for confirmation this is or isn't still true. Of course in the final analysis, I don't care if she rolls her whole cabinet over every other year, SHE'S NOT TRUMP!. :classic_laugh:

8 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

You can't be an AG or prosecutor without leaving a history of some cases that you got wrong - so stories about single cases I take with a grain of salt. The biggest knock I've heard about Harris that I would take seriously is that she burns out staff people - that's not a good trait. I read some defenses that she's gotten better, but I would look for people fired or exiting the campaign for confirmation this is or isn't still true. Of course in the final analysis, I don't care if she rolls her whole cabinet over every other year, SHE'S NOT TRUMP!. :classic_laugh:

She has one current staffer left from when she became VP. Those are Trumpian numbers.

46 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm not lying when I say that I hadn't heard that name in years until today...

Yet the deflection is the savior of the free world called two innocent men  a lynch mob and never walked it back. Ask Chaz, I like receipts.

Edited by Tigeraholic1

58 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Just a PSA I never once voted for Trump. I voted Obama twice and helped turn Indiana blue in 2008 (very proud of that!) voted Biden last time as well. I don’t like Harris and I don’t like the bait and switch nominee process this year.

To me it's always been an A/B choice since I started voting in 1972. Usually the lesser of two evils so to speak. I wasn't crazy about Clinton in '16 but refused to vote for a multi bankrupt realtor turned "showman". In 2020 Anybody but Trump. This year is the same.

Harris isn't perfect and I wish Biden had made the decision earlier. We're voting for delegates, not candidates most of the time. I respect the process, much better than McGovern's disaster at VP. This could be my last election, I want to leave the country in good shape for my grandson.

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Yet the deflection is the savior of the free world called two innocent men  a lynch mob and never walked it back. Ask Chaz, like receipts.

I didn't care about Jussie Smollett at the time. I don't care about it now. 

And it certainly isn't a factor when evaluating the two options in front of me

Frankly I question the intelligence and morality of any trump supporter.  In case anybody wondered where I stand.  And it’s not political. He made run of peopl like my son and if you are ok with that then there’s a fundamental difference between us.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So people of color aren’t welcomed there today? Why don’t we see them in the video? Why would we highlight a county full of white supremacist? So confused….

I've never been to Forsyth County... But knowing the history, getting hundreds of people to show up for a rally supporting a mixed race politician, to paraphrase Jake Gittes in Chinatown, seems like news.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I've never been to Forsyth County... But knowing the history, getting hundreds of people to show up for a rally supporting a mixed race politician, to paraphrase Jake Gittes in Chinatown, seems like news.

I have never been there either. I hope the hundreds of door knockers are  prepared to be ran off the property of white supremacist…. According to the link you posted. 

The Forsyth County story is actually one of hope... Sure, maybe demo changes have happened, it's more diverse than it used to be, but actual hearts and minds have changed since 1987 I'm sure as well.

It sucks to reduce that to the regular partisan debate about crowd sizes... Or saying "look how white that crowd was"

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Just a PSA I never once voted for Trump. I voted Obama twice and helped turn Indiana blue in 2008 (very proud of that!) voted Biden last time as well. I don’t like Harris and I don’t like the bait and switch nominee process this year.

🤣 Thanks for reminding me of more stupid excuses I get from family...I was totally undecided, reviewing the issues...but putting Kamala on the ballot!  Well, that's just a bridge too far.  How dare they!!  I mean, yeah, the lies, the racism, saying the disabled should just die, cheating on his wife, sexual assault, wanting to kill Mike Pence. So Trump is not perfect, but this!?!? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Oh boy… I assume that is directed at me. Can you show me one receipt where I support Russia? Did the USSS guy from Jersey tell you that?

Nope.  But you do you.