2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

8 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

DA is an extention of the cops. They always work together to prosecute a case. They have full access to all evidence thats how it always works.

full access to the evidence the cops faked, right? And it wasn't Harris, it was an ADA. One of maybe how many in SF?

I sat on a murder case once where the Ypsilanti PD detective just about blew up the case for the prosecution in his direct testimony. Real good co-ordination there.

I'm trying for you here TH but I still got close to nothing.

Edited by gehringer_2

In the future when the oligarchs directly run the police and legal system (never-you-mind this current rich man's law pay for play system), it will resemble the Robocop future.   And DJT and his kids can run amok on children's charities or teen beauty pageants or running their own foreign policy without regard to the messy law and order system where everyone is purported to have equal justice under law.  

14 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

The defense questioned the evidence

which is their job. The court did not make a ruling so the defense was not able to adequately impugn the evidence, maybe because the cops framed the guy and cops are able to control the evidence. Still have nothing about the prosecutor being charged or reprimanded - are you holding back for the big finish on me or it didn't happen? It would seem to me if the cops were prosecuted and the ADA had been in cahoots, the least they would have done was sing on the ADA?

Edited by gehringer_2

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

which is their job. The court did not make a ruling so the defense was not able to adequately impugn the evidence, maybe because the cops framed the guy and cops are able to control the evidence. Still have nothing about the prosecutor being charged or reprimanded - are you holding back for the big finish on me or it didn't happen? It would seem to me if the cops were prosecuted and the ADA had been in cahoots, the least they would have done was sing on the ADA?

The appellate court concluded he deserved a new trial due to "Highley prejudicial prosecutional misconduct". That definition reads:

Prosecutorial misconduct is when a prosecutor abuses their power during a criminal proceeding by violating a law or code of professional conduct. If this misconduct prejudices the defendant, a judge can take action, such as dismissing the charges, instructing the jury to disregard evidence, or granting a new trial

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

She was? I thought she was just inciting race baiting.....

Can spot a fail a mile away but consistently misses the one above the submit reply button.

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

The appellate court concluded he deserved a new trial due to "Highley prejudicial prosecutional misconduct". That definition reads:

Prosecutorial misconduct is when a prosecutor abuses their power during a criminal proceeding by violating a law or code of professional conduct. If this misconduct prejudices the defendant, a judge can take action, such as dismissing the charges, instructing the jury to disregard evidence, or granting a new trial

Well, I am at my limit on appellate legalese because I can easily imagine we take different meanings from that appellate language. I would assume that for the purposes of the court, a prosecutor presenting a tainted case is guilty of misconduct regardless of where in the chain of the prosecution the misconduct took place - it's a general indictment of the case. So to me that is why the important question here remains - was the the particular ADA sanctioned  - seems they should have been if the cops were prosecuted and the ADA was jointly culpable. But while this is all an interesting discussion (no. really) in the end it's clearly not Kamala, it's someone else in the office, so from the stand point of our thread, we are pretty much off topic here. If you want me to grant she made a bad hire (and we don't even know that, odds are just as good the ADA was inherited) I'll give you that for comity.

20 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Well, I am at my limit on appellate legalese because I can easily imagine we take different meanings from that appellate language. I would assume that for the purposes of the court, a prosecutor presenting a tainted case is guilty of misconduct regardless of where in the chain of the prosecution the misconduct took place - it's a general indictment of the case. So to me that is why the important question here remains - was the the particular ADA sanctioned  - seems they should have been if the cops were prosecuted and the ADA was jointly culpable. But while this is all an interesting discussion (no. really) in the end it's clearly not Kamala, it's someone else in the office, so from the stand point of our thread, we are pretty much off topic here. If you want me to grant she made a bad hire (and we don't even know that, odds are just as good the ADA was inherited) I'll give you that for comity.

Good discussion, I rest my case as well!

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So I will revert back to the lynch mob comment (OMG I said it again!!!!) That news is so old) Harris made about innocent people. Then I will also mention the guy who was falsley imprisoned. Both while Harris was representing the gov't. We can go round and round all day. People ask whyI don't trust her with all my heart.  Dems could put a better candidate out there but they won't. 

Who's your candidate?  Who is more qualified than the VP, former Senator and Prosecutor?  I know you're just trolling and not interested in serious conversation, but, humor me.

32 minutes ago, Kacie said:

Who's your candidate?  Who is more qualified than the VP, former Senator and Prosecutor?  I know you're just trolling and not interested in serious conversation, but, humor me.

I have stated it here before Tim Waltz would be my pick.