2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Pretty weird…

I see an individual being their true self. Something we should all aspire to.

When I look at Trump, I see a malignant narcissist trying to hide his deep rooted insecurities and his lack of real emotions and empathy. It's more scary than weird to me but he does not think like the average person. More like a serial killer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

When I look at Trump, I see a malignant narcissist trying to hide his deep rooted insecurities and his lack of real emotions and empathy. It's more scary than weird to me but he does not think like the average person. More like a serial killer.

I certainly respect your opnion.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

When I look at Trump, I see a malignant narcissist trying to hide his deep rooted insecurities and his lack of real emotions and empathy. 

It also manifests itself in a desire to turn Americans against versus one another versus bringing them together. At times, he has even suggested that our biggest enemies aren't China or Russia or other actors on the world stage, but rather our greatest enemies are from within.

If there weren't real world consequences, I'd think it was pretty a pretty sad existence he lives. Incapable of love, incapable of joy or even the ability to laugh or show emotion.

Edited by mtutiger

3 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Really offensive...

Talk about the gift that keeps on giving …

One of the things I was really worried about after the debate was that Trump was taking some sort of high road by not piling on Biden and instead letting Biden implode on his own, and that would bring reasonable swing voters and fence-sitters into the fold. But now with Kamala on board, it’s been just a complete 180. Trump is not only back to his unhinged self, but now he’s really going off the deep end, not bothering to keep his anti-anyone-not-WASPy-man-ism in check at all anymore. The worse he thinks it’s going for him, the worse a candidate he gets. If he keeps going on the trajectory he’s now on, not only will he lose his election , but the Democrats will mop the floor with the Republicans in the House, and D might end up keeping the Senate as well despite an historically unfavorable election map. It’s freaking amazing in the best possible way.

What I’m tying myself into knots over is trying to figure out just how the Supreme Court is going to step in and hand him the presidency. It might be as simple as they rule on an arcane election fraud issue in his favor—someone here once said the justices care too much about their legacy to do anything so crass, but at least five of them owe their careers to Trump and/or don’t give a shït about what liberals think their legacy should be—or it might be in some way no one can even imagine today. Either way, if we think SCOTUS is just going to sit on their hands and allow democracy to simply happen in this election, then I believe they don’t understand this particular Court.

Edited by chasfh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Do you think the average American is going to go out of their way to figure out what Dave Rubin means when he says "NPC"?

Non-player character? National Physique Committee? Northland Pioneer College? National Panhellenic Conference? National Plasterers Council? National Pharmaceutical Council? Navy Personnel Command? National Park College? Am I getting any closer?

https://www.google.com/search?q=NPC&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1-m

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Not ready to sound taps yet

They can call it Project 2025 or the Fascism Program or the Permanent Government Shutdown Proposal or Betty Jane Bluebells if they want. It doesn’t matter what they call it because they’re still going to do it. All of it. Kamala cannot let anyone forget that.

47 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Homophobic queer-shaming is a bad look in 2024.

12 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Homophobic queer-shaming is a bad look in 2024.

Also a big reason why the "weird" counters with pictures of gay/trans individuals aren't taking off: the median American, despite maybe some reservations around certain issues related to gay/trans rights (high school athletics being the big one here), doesn't actually *hate* gay/trans people.

What a concept, I know. It's kinda "weird" how some people haven't figured that out in 2024.

Edited by mtutiger

11 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Yeah I don't think it's going away.... Particularly the Project 2025 playbook still being operable.

Jonathan Swan got it all wrong in his tweet. The correct way to say it is, "Trump doesn't yet have a functioning transition team but will likely never need its resources anyway."

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

How soon before the RWM start hammering Twitter for its liberal bias for allowing pro-Kamala/anti-Trump tweets on its platform?

Not just with Twitter but also with TikTok, I wonder if going from Joe to Kamala messed with algorithms....