2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

38 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Somebody said Threads was suppose to be the next big thing. Not sure who that was.

By the last numbers I saw Threads wasn't doing much in the US but was still growing overall around the rest of the world.

45 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Not just with Twitter but also with TikTok, I wonder if going from Joe to Kamala messed with algorithms....

Absolutely, and Facebook, Imstagram, YouTube, all of it. It will be especially delicious when it comes to Twitter.

1 hour ago, oblong said:

This isn't weird.... this is some sick nazi ****

It is absolutely nazi ****. 
It is exactly what you think it is.

His “fans” will try to either tell you that you’re taking it out of context, OR…… crickets ****, because they know it can’t be defended and they’re more than willing to accept it, but <silently shhhhh>.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

It is absolutely nazi ****. 
It is exactly what you think it is.

His “fans” will try to either tell you that you’re taking it out of context, OR…… crickets ****, because they know it can’t be defended and they’re more than willing to accept it, but <silently shhhhh>.

But as long as they don’t have to vote for the black girl then their conscience is clear. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pfife said:

Lol

image.thumb.png.6dd32066547ea6c6a7551551bc19add4.png

what was that about making 'X' the free speech platform. ROTFL.

Zuckerberg is probably high-fiving around the office on this news.

Expect Trump soon to be selling gold spray painted Teslas on Truth Social.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

there is that word "weird" again. This might catch on - could be fun.

As much as Trump and all the other turds in his circle deserve it, I don't like the weird campaign for a couple of reasons.  First, calling people weird kind of goes against the whole diversity and inclusion message.  Second, I think it might backfire on them bcause they will be seen as elitists who think they are better than MAGAs.  It's similar to the basket of deplorables remark by Clinton in 2016.  It's OK when Tim Walz does it because he knows how to say it and he doesn't come across as elitist, but others won't get away with it.     

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, oblong said:

Okay, so there's no good choices.  Kamala was appointed, nobody voted for her.  Plus, she laughs!  What about Hunter Biden?  I paid for my student loans, why should we give handouts to everyone?  You just won't respect anyone else's opinion.  So hateful of you.

• Like 1

Okay, so there's no good choices.  Kamala was appointed, nobody voted for her.  Plus, she laughs!  What about Hunter Biden?  I paid for my student loans, why should we give handouts to everyone?  You just won't respect anyone else's opinion.  So much hate from you.

Okay, so there's no good choices.  Kamala was appointed, nobody voted for her.  Plus, she laughs!  What about Hunter Biden?  I paid for my student loans, why should we give handouts to everyone?  You just won't respect anyone else's opinion.  So much hate from you.

Edited by Kacie
Oops, BFE slow internet

39 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

As much as Trump and all the other turds in his circle deserve it, I don't like the weird campaign for a couple of reasons.  First, calling people weird kind of goes against the whole diversity and inclusion message.  Second, I think it might backfire on them bcause they will be seen as elitists who think they are better than MAGAs.  It's similar to the basket of deplorables remark by Clinton in 2016.  It's OK when Tim Walz does it because he knows how to say it and he doesn't come across as eltist, but others won't get away with it.     

Selfish Billionaire narcissists?

41 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

As much as Trump and all the other turds in his circle deserve it, I don't like the weird campaign for a couple of reasons.  First, calling people weird kind of goes against the whole diversity and inclusion message.  Second, I think it might backfire on them bcause they will be seen as elitists who think they are better than MAGAs.  It's similar to the basket of deplorables remark by Clinton in 2016.  It's OK when Tim Walz does it because he knows how to say it and he doesn't come across as elitist, but others won't get away with it.     

Gonna push back on this one a little bit as, in a lot of cases, it is being used to highlight comments like Vance's "childless cat ladies" comment, which is weird, exclusionary and, if you really sit and think about it, is a "deplorables" level comment in its own right. Dems shouldn't be scared of highlighting that, even in ways that seem unorthodox to how they normally address these things.

Now, at some point, you have to pair the word with tangible examples of weird policies that the Trump/Vance ticket has been tied to or else it will fade away. But it's clear to me just by looking at the reaction from the Trump side that they don't see this as a positive. At all. It's the most off of their game I have seen them since coming down the escalator (maybe even more than Access Hollywood, which Trump just powered through at the subsequent debate)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1