2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

21 minutes ago, oblong said:

Good point.  Pence was boring.  All he had was calling his wife "mother".... which isn't that odd to people in the south.  Trump and Weird is baked in already.  People are numb to it.  It's how he was before he was a politician.  But JD's weird stuff is more real and not as tabloidish.

Beyond the weird angle, I do wonder whether Trump's age starts to become more of an issue going forward.... it was easy for him to duck those concerns with Biden in the race, but he now has an opponent who is much younger and more vigorous than he is. And who will likely outwork him on the campaign trail. 

He also just sounds like **** whenever he talks.... I saw a few clips of his appearance in Minnesota this weekend and a clip of him being interviewed by Laura Ingraham yesterday and he sounded like a drunk who was slurring his words. I know people will say that he's always sounded crazy, but he never used to come across like this in 2016 or 2020.

We assume nothing matters with the guy, but IDK, I don't think the contrast in this current race does him any favors.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

The video... Worse than the quote itself imo

It gets worse.  Until the debate, the Democrats were smart enough to try and limit Biden to what he did best, planned speeches and personal interactions. Who really thought Trump would kill it at the NABJ?   Trump had a lead and just had to hold serve.  They've let the other team back in the game.  I'm shocked the transition from Biden to Harris has gone so smoothly and how utterly unprepared the Trump camp was for this.  I thought the debate was the fatal blow.  But I felt like the Dems weren't smart enough to pull off the switch.  Amazed how united they are and how quickly she's been accepted and how the narrative has changed so quickly.  They've whiffed on so many softballs in the past.  Had the shooter been an "illegal immigrant" or a Muslim or an African American, it would have been the dagger.  Thankfully, it was the typical white kid with MAGA tendencies and the story disappeared quickly.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Unfortunately, I think his dopey demeanor sometimes works in his favor.  How bad can someone that stupid be? It's also attractive to the, um, less intelligent part of his base because he's "just like me!", not one of those elite intellectuals!

Nothing makes my day more than Trump being laughed at.  He genuinely thinks he's smart, suave, handsome and well respected.  He seethes when he's laughed at.

I'd like to think the media will make this the headlining story it should be, but I know better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

They focus on Harris laughing and Biden eating ice cream. Everybody likes to laugh and eat cream. Their focus on it is weird. 

I remember Stan said he didn't like ice cream.