2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

He's gotten a relative free pass from the press in this election cycle... The comments at the top where he attacked Rachel Scott and ABC were really striking.

I would add that the previously scheduled debate that Trump has backed out of was set to take place on ABC.... and that in the course of this interview, he attacked Scott's colleague George Stephanopoulos, who was set to host the debate.

Calls into question whether that debate will happen.... 

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I would add that the previously scheduled debate that Trump has backed out of was set to take place on ABC.... and that in the course of this interview, he attacked Scott's colleague George Stephanopoulos, who was set to host the debate.

Calls into question whether that debate will happen.... 

Harris said the debate will happen whether he shows up or not. 

15 minutes ago, Kacie said:

Unfortunately, I think his dopey demeanor sometimes works in his favor.  How bad can someone that stupid be? It's also attractive to the, um, less intelligent part of his base because he's "just like me!", not one of those elite intellectuals!

Nothing makes my day more than Trump being laughed at.  He genuinely thinks he's smart, suave, handsome and well respected.  He seethes when he's laughed at.

I'd like to think the media will make this the headlining story it should be, but I know better.

Yeah, there are posters here who denigrate those who had to be credentialed to get their jobs.

Edited by romad1

1 hour ago, oblong said:

That's the video.  Why does he say "buh-lack"?

This guy's racist to the core.  It cannot be defended.

it's why that side loves him.   that's the reason.    Sorry, but it's true.   Other Republicans used code words in the past and flirted with this racsim (ever since Nixon's Southern Strategy),  He screams it, he tongue-kisses it and that's what they want.    45% of this country, at the minimum, is just fine with it.   It's disgusting. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

First it was  "she slept her way........",  that didn't work

then it was  "D.E.I."........that ain't workin'

Now their onto "you ain't black".  That'll work, sure........ Keep going, assholes.  Keep digging, you feckless thugs.    Your kind is barely hanging on,  you'll soon be in the minority and that scares the hell out of you and the way you squandered your chances to make the world better - you should be scared.    Gonna happen faster than 2040 too.   

What about your policies?     What is YOUR plan for the border.   What is YOUR plan for healthcare.  What is YOUR plan for infrastructure?     Oh, that's right - you have Abortions are Bad and non-white people and childless women are demons yelled by a screaming orange baboon and  a cartoon that can't figure out if it's cool to be a hillbilly or not.   He could just be himself but somehow that would be worse.  

33 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

First it was  "she slept her way........",  that didn't work

then it was  "D.E.I."........that ain't workin'

Now their onto "you ain't black".  That'll work, sure........ Keep going, assholes.  Keep digging, you feckless thugs.    Your kind is barely hanging on,  you'll soon be in the minority and that scares the hell out of you and the way you squandered your chances to make the world better - you should be scared.    Gonna happen faster than 2040 too.   

What about your policies?     What is YOUR plan for the border.   What is YOUR plan for healthcare.  What is YOUR plan for infrastructure?     Oh, that's right - you have Abortions are Bad and non-white people and childless women are demons yelled by a screaming orange baboon and  a cartoon that can't figure out if it's cool to be a hillbilly or not.   He could just be himself but somehow that would be worse.  

Extinct dinosaurs. They just don't know it yet.

1 hour ago, The Ronz said:

Notice as soon as someone said the words "Project 2025" Trump was like "Well, gotta go!"

the way I heard it, his handlers yanked him. guessing they couldn't trust him to not say something even more stupid than every single thing he'd said to that point and even more damaging besides.

• Like 1

I don't give a flying **** what someone's heritage is.   Can they do the ****ing job?    Can they be an adult when things don't go their way?   Can they defer to the learned experts in their chosen field when it's time to make crisis decisions.  One thing I know for sure.  Kamala Harris doesn't think she knows more about hurricanes than those who have dedicated their lives to the study of hurricanes.    Kamala Harris doesn't think she knows more than doctors about health care and that's why she will surround herself with competent people, not money-grubbing,  butt-licking traitors.   THERE IS A WONDERFUL HONESTY IN THE ANSWER "I DON'T KNOW".   Nobody knows everything and only the real smart people admit it.    She will pick a VP that covers her weak spots, not a walking echo chamber who changed his beliefs mid-stream and makes decisions that hurt the very type of people he claims to be.     Indian?  Black?  Hispanic? Italian? Icelandic? Japanese? Gay? Bi? White? Pink? Polka Dotted?     I...........DON'T......GIVE......A......****