2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Can't read the second part of the article because it's behind the paywall, but in terms of the question asked, I'm not clear why Kamala Harris has to respond. Other than to do what she did yesterday in her speech in Houston: "same old story" and "the American people deserve better than this"

She has to play *her* game.... she doesn't have to play his, to the extent there's an actual strategy in anything he said.

I felt like the response was a bit weak. I would have liked to see her stress that she is proud of both her African Jamaican and her South Asian Indian heritages equally, but in the end she is proud to be an American who has a chance to do the most good for the most people, something like that. She's a DA, I'm sure she could speechify it better than I.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Always about him... Always

Trump negotiated directly with the taliban and ignored the Afghan government. He ended up releasing 5000 taliban fighters from prison who turned around and attacked American troops as they were withdrawing from Afghanistan, killing 13 of them. MAGA turned around and blamed Joe Biden and still do, to their ignorant base, to this day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, pfife said:

Dang what's this all about?!?!

It's a beautiful symmetry isn't it? Trump is a narcissistic sociopath whose empathy ends at his own epidermis, while the people that go to work for him almost without exception see him as nothing more than the means to their own ends.

Biden just said it was Germany and Slovenia that had to make the hard decisions.   His relationships with those heads of state gave him confidence the deal would get done.

Total bad ass.   

DonOLD woulda never gotten this done esp with Germany and Slovenia paying for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, pfife said:

Biden just said it was Germany and Slovenia that had to make the hard decisions.   His relationships with those heads of state gave him confidence the deal would get done.

Total bad ass.   

DonOLD woulda never gotten this done esp with Germany and Slovenia paying for it. 

Joe has run the country the right way.   Only scandal had to do with his son from years ago - a son who has cleaned up his life, which is a very American problem, by the way.      Its just that Time is undefeated.............well, actually,  Time is mostly undefeated..........there's Keith Richards. 

Edited by Motor City Sonics
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Hugging Dark Brandon and Kamala...................oh Trump's got to be seething !    I love it !!!!!!

Yeah man when Whelan hugged President Biden and Vice President Harris it was incredible.   

13 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Joe has run the country the right way.   Only scandal had to do with his son from years ago - a son who has cleaned up his life, which is a very American problem, by the way.      Its just that Time is undefeated.............well, actually,  Time is mostly undefeated..........there's Keith Richards. 

To the extent there was ever any juice to the argument that he needed to resign because he couldn't handle the job for the next six months, that died yesterday. Especially with the details that leaked about the negotiations.