2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

Maybe Sheila can offer up Ford Field for the rally?

Turns out I have friends who knew Sheila H. when she was being an incognito ordinary parent of nursery school age kids in A^2. They had no clue she was Ford, except long after the fact they figured out where a bunch of contributions to their charitable org had been coming from.

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

The “usual” suspects will be protesting… something about arms for Israel.  

if you can gain 100 normals or independants for every 10 wacko progressives you lose (and probably never had) that's a net win, so f*** them all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE THIS WEEK:  Vice President Harris: 8/6: Pennsylvania 8/7: Michigan 8/7: Wisconsin 8/8: North Carolina 8/9: Arizona 8/10: Nevada  Donald Trump: 8/9: Montana

I don't think it gets discussed enough, but in all likelihood, this is going to be the first campaign out of his three where he will clearly be outworked by his opposition. And that will likely matter one way or another.

Sending JD to cover (as he's doing this week) isn't going to be adequate.

Edited by mtutiger

9 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

What a great day. Cori Bush lost. 

not sure if Omar will lose, but the message is clear and will be heard by all - stop with the wacko nonsense, stop giving MAGA talking points to damage normal Dems, stop it

I don’t know for sure if Omar is bad. People always say how bad she and AOC are, but I don’t see either one throwing bombs, or monkey wrenches into things to gum up the works like Cori Bush or Rashida Tlaib do. I think people just generally hate the people they are and what they stand for, because they aren’t the kind of people we grew thinking congresspeople “should” be. I also think other congresspeople in general don’t want to be seen with her because she’s visibly Muslim and they’ll lose votes and support over that.

I hate Tlaib (She's my rep) because she doesn't have any courage.  There's some things that are easy to condemn and she refused to do it.  I will never vote for her.  If every other vote was counted and it was my vote that would determine the control of the US House I still wouldnt do it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don’t know for sure if Omar is bad. People always say how bad she and AOC are, but I don’t see either one throwing bombs, or monkey wrenches into things to gum up the works like Cori Bush or Rashida Tlaib do. I think people just generally hate the people they are and what they stand for, because they aren’t the kind of people we grew thinking congresspeople “should” be. I also think other congresspeople in general don’t want to be seen with her because she’s visibly Muslim and they’ll lose votes and support over that.

She voted against the infrastructure bill and classifies Jews as the good ones and bad ones. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

She voted against the infrastructure bill and classifies Jews as the good ones and bad ones. 

I don't rate her terrible for voting against the infrastructure bill. If she also said something objectionable about it in the process, though, I'd reconsider that.

I haven't seen where she classifies Jews and "good" or "bad". I do remember about the "all about the Benjamins" comment and she was raked as antisemitic for that—is that what you're talking about? Because that comes from a hip hop song that to my knowledge has nothing to do with antisemitism.

Edited by chasfh
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

so is it logistically/legally possible for Trump to jettison Vance at this point? He has to be wishing there was a way he could fire his way out of this.

Well, today is the deadline to make the ballot in Vance’s home state. I think they are stuck. 

I wouldn't put it past them to try some garbage then when denied, use that as an excuse to go after Harris/Walz in court since "they did the same thing".

It isn't about things being technically on par with each other or equal... just plant a seed in enough people's heads so that Fox can talk about it and you can get enough election "certifiers" to refuse to do their job because they heard about some issues.

I kind of wonder if Trump's near death experience has settled into a certain segment of the population as a fake.   People who wonder why he didn't reveal the extent of his injuries or why his ear appears fine now.  

Seems like the sort of thing that the Trump team would do to get that sweet photo-op but also hard to pull off especially with a serial coward like Trump.   Even if this was the kid being an alienated teen with an AR trying to kill the one thing his father loved, the idea that this seems a bit too easy for Trump to shake off must be in a lot of people's minds.