2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

He's 78 years old and in poor health. And has poor judgment.

It's been the same thing the entire damn campaign... But the conditions have changed such that it is much more stark and much more noticeable 

Do you think he may be unable to be out and about right now due to his health?  Mentally or physically?

Just now, pfife said:

Do you think he may be unable to be out and about right now due to his health?  Mentally or physically?

I honestly don't know, but I think Biden's issues with aging have overshadowed... this. 

This isn't new. His schedule has been light this entire time, his rallies have been even more insane and incoherent, he flubs more than he used to, etc.

And for as much as him and "Substitute Pence" talk about Kamala not having a press conference, outside of that disaster-class NABJ debacle, he hasn't had one of those in months either. He spends all his time in safe spaces (like Fox and with other right wing media outlets/figures)

It just didn't get noticed until now more broadly  when people are sizing him up against a more youthful candidate. That's what we are seeing here IMO

I buy it.   I think it's also that they are really getting cooked right now and he's not really doing anything about it.   I remember when everyone said he was the greatest counter puncher ever

campaigning is very hard. I do not think Biden could have done it; too old to bounce from town to town while also being president.

Trump is only 3 years younger. the energy of the Harris and Walz (and their surrogates) will become more and more acute over the next 13 weeks. MAGA is really joyless. There is no energy; just fear and anger about this horrible country and their horrible fellow Americans. and they are weird.

4 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

campaigning is very hard. I do not think Biden could have done it; too old to bounce from town to town while also being president.

Trump is only 3 years younger. the energy of the Harris and Walz (and their surrogates) will become more and more acute over the next 13 weeks. MAGA is really joyless. There is no energy; just fear and anger about this horrible country and their horrible fellow Americans. and they are weird.

Yep.  They think that laughing is some strange alien kind of things.   They are joyless.   That's a great word.   They're just greedy and angry.   Fearing the coming White Minority status.  

7 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Rip Hamilton yessir meme here

Yup. And one the boxes that MAGA have put themselves in by having their own mediasphere is that Trump can sit and post on TruthSocial all day and it never moves the needle beyond the 40% of the electorate he already has (if it even reaches most of them). So Harris and Walz run hard for 90 days, all those rallies drive Trump out of the news cycle. He's has to get out there or cede the spotlight. And therein lies the rub. Does he have the physical and mental strength left to do it?  It was easy to keep up with an obviously slowing Biden, but his opposition is now 20 yrs younger and Vance is already a failure as an effective surrogate.

Edited by gehringer_2

26 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Trump may not be campaigning because he’s broke. 

I'd make it as more likely they don't have staff, or maybe DJT is hoarding campaign funds to take with him if he loses, than that they are really broke.

• Like 1

I think it was Mayor Pete that I saw on TV last night, he looked at the different careers and accomplishments Coach Walz has had and noticed that every one of them was about empowering other people to be their best.   Very insightful from Mayor Secretary Pete

• Like 2

1 minute ago, oblong said:

I would really like to be able to laugh at this one, but I’ve got girls in my family who are 3, 11, and 14…. so the emotion I’m feeling instead of humor is fear.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oblong said:

Are police allowed to be at campaign events in uniform like that?

I wondered that when I saw them assembled in front of a cop shop this morning.    Weird stuff.