2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Am I wrong to think Harris should go on Fox News and do a debate? When Mayor Pete and Bernie when on Fox and did townhalls I think they both did great. I thought both really took it too the Fox News BS talking points and propaganda. I also think it is a great way to expose yourself to this group of voters and allow them to hear something other than the right wing drivel they are fed on the daily by Fox News.

No, she shouldn’t. Trump already agreed to the terms. You don’t let him just change them to be more favorable to him. 

Buttigieg and Sanders both lost their elections. Not strong reasoning for doing it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Am I wrong to think Harris should go on Fox News and do a debate? When Mayor Pete and Bernie when on Fox and did townhalls I thought they both did great. Both really took it too the Fox News BS talking points and propaganda. I also think it is a great way to expose yourself to this group of voters and allow them to hear something other than the right wing drivel they are fed on the daily by Fox News.

In theory, not necessarily against. But I think it would be a huge mistake to cave and let him back out of the previously agreed September 10th debate. 

He's the one without the leverage here.... he's the one who looks weak. Make him twist in the wind.

10 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Am I wrong to think Harris should go on Fox News and do a debate? When Mayor Pete and Bernie when on Fox and did townhalls I thought they both did great. Both really took it too the Fox News BS talking points and propaganda. I also think it is a great way to expose yourself to this group of voters and allow them to hear something other than the right wing drivel they are fed on the daily by Fox News.

with no MAGA audience, maybe; but these people are mostly not reachable; MAGAs don't watch Fox news to be informed; they watch it to be entertained; they know what they are going to hear and that's why they are there; when Fox reported Trump lost in 2020, their viewership plunged for a reason; MAGA went to other places that told them Trump won

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

No, she shouldn’t. Trump already agreed to the terms. You don’t let him just change them to be more favorable to him. 

Buttigieg and Sanders both lost their elections. Not strong reasoning for doing it. 

I did listen to Hacks on Tap for the first time in a while this week just cause I was curious to hear their take on things. And Axelrod and Mike Murphy sparred over this quite a bit.

Murphy was right, he's the one who looks like the chicken, and it kinda confirmed a little bit about Axelrod's political instincts not being quite up to speed with this current moment IMO

If he weren't running and if he didn't have a legitimate chance to win... and if he weren't so dangerous.... I'd feel a little more sad about this. It's hard to watch someone fade away like this (even him).

Edited by mtutiger