2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

On 8/7/2024 at 9:06 AM, gehringer_2 said:

so is it logistically/legally possible for Trump to jettison Vance at this point? He has to be wishing there was a way he could fire his way out of this.

This is definitely J.D.’s biggest sin. Dead man walking. 

14 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

I am worried that they are Al Capone in The Untouchables sleeping through trial because they have the judge and jury on the payroll, so they are not really interested in either the popular vote or the EC totals, because Congress will not certify EC results because of "the fraud" and Congress will vote him in as POTUS.

Now, no one really knows what the composition of the 119th Congress will be when they are sworn in Jan 3, 2025, but GQP will probably control more states than the Dems, and that's all they need to pull this off.

This is definitely not implausible.

I don’t see that happening at all. I’m more worried about shenanigans at the more local levels. Some Fox News absorbing wacko not certifying the election because they “heard something”.  But I also think that risk is low.  Harris is going to wipe her ass with Trump and he will finally get his punishment.  Losing to not only a woman, but a black woman, will be something he thinks about on his death bed.  

8 hours ago, oblong said:

I don’t see that happening at all. I’m more worried about shenanigans at the more local levels. Some Fox News absorbing wacko not certifying the election because they “heard something”.  But I also think that risk is low.  Harris is going to wipe her ass with Trump and he will finally get his punishment.  Losing to not only a woman, but a black woman, will be something he thinks about on his death bed.  

which should be in a cell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure how widespread this is off the internet, but regarding the smears of Walz' military service record, I've seen more than a few people kinda degrade the guard (ie. "they only work two days a week, weekend warriors, barely working to cash a paycheck") to advance whatever line they are pushing.

It strikes me as kinda ***** to imply that guard service is inferior (even though the commitment is different), and it doesn't seem like all that great of politics either

15 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'm not sure how widespread this is off the internet, but regarding the smears of Walz' military service record, I've seen more than a few people kinda degrade the guard (ie. "they only work two days a week, weekend warriors, barely working to cash a paycheck") to advance whatever line they are pushing.

It strikes me as kinda ***** to imply that guard service is inferior (even though the commitment is different), and it doesn't seem like all that great of politics either

Harry Truman was in the National Guard, W Bush was in the Air Guard.  And DJT was a draft dodger.  They are flailing. 

Edited by romad1
  • Like 1