2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

17 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Who am I to say what the DNC should look like. But one thing the RNC did that I liked was they had a theme to each night. I would do something similar for the primetime speaking hours of the DNC Convention and have speakers that match the theme. I would center everything around resorting freedom, protecting basic rights, making America a compassionate and welcoming country for all, promoting economic fairness and equity, and taking on extremism to protect democracy. These are the themes and speakers I came up with for each night. The primetime speakers would be from 7pm to 10pm. The 2020 DNC Convention averaged about 7-8 primetime speakers per night, so I stuck with that for this schedule.

Monday (Creating a fair economy for all Americans and standing up for workers): Association of Flight Attendants-CWA President Sara Nelson, Vice President of the National Nurses Union Catherine Kennedy, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, AFL-CIO President Liz Shuler, Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal, Sen. Sherrod Brown, Sen. Bernie Sanders, UAW President Shawn Fain (Keynote) and a performance by Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday (A compassionate, welcoming country for all Americans): Sen. Cory Booker, Voto Latino CEO Maria Teresa Kumar, Sen. Ruben Gallego, Speaker Emerita Nancy Pelosi, First Man Doug Emhoff, Congresswoman AOC, President Barack Obama (Keynote) and a performance by Demi Lavato

Wednesday (Standing up to extremism and protecting democracy): Capitol Hill Police Officer Michael Fanone and Capitol Hill Police Officer Harry Dunn together, Sen. Tammy Duckworth, Governor Wes Moore, Governor Josh Shapiro, Governor Gavin Newsome, President Joe Biden, Michelle Obama, VP Nominee Tim Walz (Keynote) and a performance by Beyonce Knowles

Friday (Protecting our freedoms and resorting our basic rights): Gun Reform Activist David Hogg, Planned Parenthood President Alexis McGill-Johnson, Martin Luther King III, Human Rights Campaign President Kelley Robinson, Congresswoman Ayana Pressley, Congressman Jim Clyburn, Governor Gretchen Whitmer, Vice President Kamala Harris (Keynote) and a performance by Taylor Swift.

lol mostly leftists and Biden just hidden in there. They already mentioned Biden will speak the first day and it will be all about Biden. 

5 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't know.  He has been spreading the same BS for over 40 years and people didn't catch on.  I am not confident they are catching on now.  Harris has a lot of momentum, but that could change quickly.  

The real question is, is he gaining more people with his schtick than he's losing people with it, or losing more than gaining with it? What's the net change in which direction?

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The real question is, is he gaining more people with his schtick than he's losing people with it, or losing more than gaining with it? What's the net change in which direction?

I don't think he is gaining anyone with his schtick.  I also don't think people are just now discovering than he's a con and will switch because of it.  My hope is that there will be a bigger turnout this year, because I think previous non voters are more likely to vote for Harris.  I am somewhat optimistic that this is the case because I believe people wanted someone new and she is certainly a big contrast to Biden and Trump.   

2 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

He is making strong inroads with young white women and first time voters.

All the women I know in those categories are enthralled by being "trad wives" and love being openly racist.

My experience is different.  Practically all young people and women I know think he is a joke.  Massachusetts is definitely not a swing state though, so we can't help you.   

2 hours ago, VegasTiger said:

The last line lolol

I think it's the perfect song. 

Celine.........I have heard nothing but wonderful things about how you treat people and I love that you are fighting through your grueling illness with dignity and grace, but please - take one for the team and let them keep using this song - because it's perfect.  It is the perfect song for them.  Only difference is that if you think Donald is letting anyone else lay on that driftwood, except himself,  you're kidding yourself.      Maybe one day a defeated MAGA can take four people with him to the depths to see the Trump Campaign ruins up close in a small submersible to see what happened.    Hopefully that MAGA actually follows protocols and adheres to regulations.   I'm guessing they won't.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, The Ronz said:

He is making strong inroads with young white women and first time voters.

All the women I know in those categories are enthralled by being "trad wives" and love being openly racist.

all of them?

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't think he is gaining anyone with his schtick.  I also don't think people are just now discovering than he's a con and will switch because of it.  

I don't think so either, tbh, people know who he is at this point... I just think there's a general exhaustion around his schtick. It's old and he's old.

21 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I don't think so either, tbh, people know who he is at this point... I just think there's a general exhaustion around his schtick. It's old and he's old.

Yeah, That is probably the best chance of beating him - that people are just tired of him.  It is possible that some people who voted for him last time have lost interest even if they don't see through him.  So many vote on emotion.  

Edited by Tiger337