2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Did you believe Christine Blasey-Ford or no? If yes, did you believe her allegations were enough to disqualify Brett Kavanaugh from the Supreme Court? Regarding Biden, he wasn't accused by three different woman of inappropriate behavior like Clinton was. He was accused by one woman, who changed her story multiple times.

I personally believed her but unsubstantiated accusations from 30 years ago aren’t enough to disqualify someone. There was plenty else to disqualify Kavanaugh. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I’m not putting it out there. It’s already out there and Pelosi still won’t STFU. 

Nah, i mean Internal Dem volatility is the path for the LaCivitas/Wiles team to get traction again.  Point to the messy/chaotic dems.  Maybe arrange a crisis in Chicago.  

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Nah, i mean Internal Dem volatility is the path for the LaCivitas/Wiles team to get traction again.  Point to the messy/chaotic dems.  Maybe arrange a crisis in Chicago.  

I don’t think there is volatility. Harris wasn’t the first choice by Pelosi and Obama but they have accepted her. 

What going to help republicans is when the Hamasholes show up in Chicago. They are getting more active since Trump is struggling. They went dormant after the debate when Biden was struggling. I don’t trust Chicago and their leftist mayor to handle it. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I don’t think there is volatility. Harris wasn’t the first choice by Pelosi and Obama but they have accepted her. 

What going to help republicans is when the Hamasholes show up in Chicago. They are getting more active since Trump is struggling. They went dormant after the debate when Biden was struggling. I don’t trust Chicago and their leftist mayor to handle it. 

if Harris gets a meaningful bounce out of her convention she's got this in the bag.  This is metaphorically the ground that the GOP has to win on or else.   

I agree that HAMAS fans are going to make trouble.  Navigating that will be key.  What would be effective counter-programming would be a white nationalists march that ran into that HAMAS protest and got into a tussle.  

10 minutes ago, romad1 said:

if Harris gets a meaningful bounce out of her convention she's got this in the bag.  This is metaphorically the ground that the GOP has to win on or else.   

I agree that HAMAS fans are going to make trouble.  Navigating that will be key.  What would be effective counter-programming would be a white nationalists march that ran into that HAMAS protest and got into a tussle.  

I think she will. It's also going to be an opportunity to get Walz more exposure, as I'm not sure enough people know about him yet. 

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't really understand the complaints about the cost of eggs.  I just got a dozen eggs for $3.00.  That is more than it used to be, but I still consider it a good buy.  That's like 4-6 meals for $3.00.  

How much of the rising cost of groceries can be attributed to the consolidation of supermarkets. The little guy who ran the local grocery store who may have been connected to a group of independent grocers is long gone. The Krogers, Food Lions, Walmarts, etc have taken over. The big guys are mostly setting the price, not the administration

Have you ever seen a Republican oppose a major company merger recently?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

Ah, yes, there it is. That's why (italics mine).

The latest: The Trump campaign said yesterday that its internal email had been hacked, with documents "obtained illegally from foreign sources hostile to the United States, intended to interfere with the 2024 election and sow chaos throughout our Democratic process."

• Steven Cheung, the campaign communications director, warned reporters in a statement: "Any media or news outlet reprinting documents or internal communications are doing the bidding of America's enemies and doing exactly what they want."

• Like 1