2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

6 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

I would personally invest in Traverse City since that area is moving left. They may already be. It’s about cutting into the margins up north. Alpena is probably cheap. This was the same tactic Benson had. She put ads all over the state and not just the blue areas. 

Absolutely!  I'll use this opportunity to shamelessly plug my friend, Callie Barr, running for Congress in District #1.  callieforcongress.com.  Ideal candidate and it would be great to flip the House.  

5 hours ago, oblong said:

Is there a threshold where if Harris does too well then that is just OBVIOUS that the election was rigged and the votes are "AI".

I don't know either way, but I do know if Harris crushes Trump by eight figures of votes, which is well within the realm of possibility, and one of Trump's blizzard of lawsuits gets fast-tracked to SCOTUS which overturns the election and hands the White House to Trump 5-4, then there will be millions of people out on the street to protest it all through and past the inauguration, and I will be one of those people, and you probably will be, too.

5 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

Off the top of my head the reach of TV into Michigan from Toledo would venture into Monroe and Lenawee Counties, maybe Hillsdale. Not sure how many Michigan eyeballs that might entail. If I was selling ads I'd definitely look into businesses in those area. 

Monroe County is part of the Detroit DMA, although they do get significant spillover from Toledo.

16 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don't know either way, but I do know if Harris crushes Trump by eight figures of votes, which is well within the realm of possibility, and one of Trump's blizzard of lawsuits gets fast-tracked to SCOTUS which overturns the election and hands the White House to Trump 5-4, then there will be millions of people out on the street to protest it all through and past the inauguration, and I will be one of those people, and you probably will be, too.

Don't underestimate the powers of the executive branch. If the Dem's win clearly win the Presidency, and the court tries some end around,  the Executive branch is going tell the Judicial Branch it's sanctions have just been voided. It will be a crisis, but one the court will lose. But it wouldn't be 5-4, Trump would lose 7-2. Alito and Thomas are that insane, I don't believe the other 3 are.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Don't underestimate the powers of the executive branch. If the Dem's win clearly win the Presidency, and the court tries some end around,  the Executive branch is going tell the Judicial Branch it's sanctions have just been voided. It will be a crisis, but one the court will lose. But it wouldn't be 5-4, Trump would lose 7-2. Alito and Thomas are that insane, I don't believe the other 3 are.

I assume Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney-Barrett fall in line for the guy to whom they owe their livelihoods.

4 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I assume Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney-Barrett fall in line for the guy to whom they owe their livelihoods.

Why should they, they own him nothing now that they are there and there is nothing further he can do for them. That's is the interesting thing about a court appointment. While we haven't seen it in a while, over the history of court Jurists have moved from the 'side' that appointed them to the other 'side' commonly.

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Why should they, they own him nothing now that they are there and there is nothing further he can do for them. That's is the interesting thing about a court appointment. While we haven't seen it in a while, over the history of court Jurists have moved from the 'side' that appointed them to the other 'side' commonly.

They have connections to that world that go far beyond Trump, who is only the tip of the spear. Once Trump gets in and dismantles the government, the Court becomes the last word on all of it.

2 hours ago, The Ronz said:

Who talks like this?

Apparently there is *one* guy from Ohio. I guess when this election is in the books and they count out how many women voted for this ticket we will know exactly how many Stepford Wives there are in the US.

The Dems at some point have to start paring Vance's more idiotic audio over video that accentuates how old Trump is. Should be a powerful combo.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Just not ready for prime time...

Honestly, the best thing that could happen to the Republicans right now is that Trump has a debilitating stroke or heart attack, after which they have no choice but to pull him out, they jettison Bowman Hamel, and they run Nikki Haley for President with a white male VP with MAGA appeal in their place. Who cares if that’s a ripoff of the Democrats’ move, if they want to avoid getting smoked in November, I can’t envision any other way they can pull out of this tailspin. 

18 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Honestly, the best thing that could happen to the Republicans right now is that Trump has a debilitating stroke or heart attack, after which they have no choice but to pull him out, they jettison Bowman Hamel, and they run Nikki Haley for President with a white male VP with MAGA appeal in their place. Who cares if that’s a ripoff of the Democrats’ move, if they want to avoid getting smoked in November, I can’t envision any other way they can pull out of this tailspin. 

Lordy - if Trump became debilitated the GOP would look like a John Wick movie long before they ever reached any kind of consensus on how to go forward, assuming anyone was left to go forward with....