2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

There is some NASTY stuff about Barron Trump out there in the twitterverse.  It basically suggests he's a chip off the sociopathic block.  I'm gonna take a beat before I trust this.  I had heard he was not in a program at his school because of regular learning disabilities (e.g., dyslexia).   

7 minutes ago, romad1 said:

There is some NASTY stuff about Barron Trump out there in the twitterverse.  It basically suggests he's a chip off the sociopathic block.  I'm gonna take a beat before I trust this.  I had heard he was not in a program at his school because of regular learning disabilities (e.g., dyslexia).   

I heard he killed a guy with a trident.  

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

LOL at the Vice President Kamala Harris, Esq. campaign issuing press releases encouraging people to tune into DonOLDs press conference.   

for those who wondered what this was

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

for those who wondered what this was

These are funny and I’m getting a chuckle out of them, and slappies may slap me for this, but  I do hope they don’t go so far that voters on the margins, such as undecideds and fence-sitters and RINOs and Never Trumpers, decide that the Harris Walz campaign is as unserious as the Trump campaign and just stay home. I’m hoping they strike the right balance here.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

These are funny and I’m getting a chuckle out of them, and slappies may slap me for this, but  I do hope they don’t go so far that voters on the margins, such as undecideds and fence-sitters and RINOs and Never Trumpers, decide that the Harris Walz campaign is as unserious as the Trump campaign and just stay home. I’m hoping they strike the right balance here.

Dark Brandon approves of these snarky press releases. 

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

The Fetterman campaign in 2022 spent the entire election cycle clowning on Dr. Oz like like this with press releases and social media posts. I generally think they will be fine as voters on the margins aren't seeing a lot of this content anyways, unless the media picks up on it or it goes viral on social media.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

The Fetterman campaign in 2022 spent the entire election cycle clowning on Dr. Oz like like this with press releases and social media posts. I generally think they will be fine as voters on the margins aren't seeing a lot of this content anyways, unless the media picks up on it or it goes viral on social media.

Agreed.... I don't think it matters too much so long as the IRL campaign (ie. the interfacing that it does with the public, rallies, etc.) doesn't start engaging in it (Clinton 2016 and Trump 2020 both being cautionary tales there)

I think those work in the context of this election because it's not just traditional name calling.  The voting pubilc DO see the GOP ticket as weird and it's obvious Trump is not normal.  Reinforcing what everybody deep down really knows to be true.  In most elections both candidates are generally normal.  

2 minutes ago, oblong said:

I think those work in the context of this election because it's not just traditional name calling.  The voting pubilc DO see the GOP ticket as weird and it's obvious Trump is not normal.  Reinforcing what everybody deep down really knows to be true.  In most elections both candidates are generally normal.  

Message definition is critical at this stage.  Obama 2012 campaign nuked Romney with stuff that was in my heart of hearts true vulnerability for the guy -- as decent as he seemed.   Before long it was just...part of the zeitgeist.

And Harris got to lay low for 5 years, didn't have a primary, and can control how she's perceived.  When all the GOP has is coming up with nicknames and screwing up her name and talking about post menopausal women... well, why should she change course?  Normal is in.  

6 minutes ago, oblong said:

correct - as long as it's witty and based in fact and that is not all you are doing, there is not going to be any blowback.

1 minute ago, oblong said:

And Harris got to lay low for 5 years, didn't have a primary, and can control how she's perceived.  When all the GOP has is coming up with nicknames and screwing up her name and talking about post menopausal women... well, why should she change course?  Normal is in.  

The fact that the GOP is spending such an inordinate amount of time going after Tim Walz really demonstrates how much they are struggling in figuring out how to deal with Harris IMO.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Agreed.... I don't think it matters too much so long as the IRL campaign (ie. the interfacing that it does with the public, rallies, etc.) doesn't start engaging in it (Clinton 2016 and Trump 2020 both being cautionary tales there)

Glad you noticed I mentioned striking a balance.

lol "Let Trump be Trump".

You know, because the guy we've been seeing lately has been just too reserved. He needs to take the gloves off and go!

That's what undecideds and swing voters want: maxed-out rage and grievance 24/7.

This'll end well. 🤣

Also, how do you like the personal message to J.D. in that tweet? Nice touch ... 💀

Edited by chasfh