2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

8 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Ron Filipowski sucks. 

These maga Twitter crazies like Ben Shapiro are trolls.   Shapiro put out that ridiculous post about spices for exactly this response.   He wants to rile up the other side to add clicks and in turn dollars to his pocket.  

Every single day Filipowski empowers these guys by retweeting them with some sort of “can you believe what these guys are saying now” tag.  Whether he realizes it or not, he’s becoming the best marketing tool that maga Twitter has ever had.     They couldn’t ask for a better friend than Filipowski for taking their troll bait everyday and continuing to spread it for them.  

I’m going to guess he’s never spent much time in an online forum like this one or else he’d know how the troll game works. 

He never retweets them. I first heard about Project 2025 from Ron. Most of his followers are Democrats, never Trumpers. He's a good source for keeping up to date on the craziness from MAGA. I doubt he's driving much engagement with them.

23 hours ago, romad1 said:

There is some NASTY stuff about Barron Trump out there in the twitterverse.  It basically suggests he's a chip off the sociopathic block.  I'm gonna take a beat before I trust this.  I had heard he was not in a program at his school because of regular learning disabilities (e.g., dyslexia).   

I don't know how much of this is real, either. Since he's being used to appeal to GenZ voters (I assume), it would be best to remind young voters that he will not be affected by things such as Project 2025 the way they will-other than that point it's best to attack the message and not the messenger.

24 minutes ago, LaceyLou said:

I don't know how much of this is real, either. Since he's being used to appeal to GenZ voters (I assume), it would be best to remind young voters that he will not be affected by things such as Project 2025 the way they will-other than that point it's best to attack the message and not the messenger.

insert image of Admiral Akbar "its a trap, etc."

• Like 1

Drudge has the banner about Michael Moore saying "Dems could still blow it" and i'm like, yes I can think of a way to blow it.  Remind people that Michael Moore is on the same side as the centrists in charge of the Democrat party. 

52 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Drudge has the banner about Michael Moore saying "Dems could still blow it" and i'm like, yes I can think of a way to blow it.  Remind people that Michael Moore is on the same side as the centrists in charge of the Democrat party. 

No,  I think Mike is doing what I am doing.  Don't count anything yet.    It's not "in the bag".    People who think that are more likely to sit it out.  

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

No,  I think Mike is doing what I am doing.  Don't count anything yet.    It's not "in the bag".    People who think that are more likely to sit it out.  

Purely objectively, there is one side is acting cocky, arrogant and overconfident about this election. And it isn't the Harris campaign.

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

These maga Twitter crazies like Ben Shapiro are trolls.   Shapiro put out that ridiculous post about spices for exactly this response.   He wants to rile up the other side to add clicks and in turn dollars to his pocket.  

Thanks, I didn't realize that. /s

Edited by mtutiger

4 minutes ago, oblong said:

Man this guy is so bad at this.  I can't believe the hype around him originally.  This has to infuriate Trump.

I know we're supposed to take this ticket seriously but not literally, but following JD's logic, half of my family should have had to stay back in Poland and deal with the Russians and, later on, the Germans.

Just bananas stuff when taken to it's logical end.... probably would impact most Americans!

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

If you don't want to engage in a post that involves Ben Shapiro, feel free to not engage on it. I'll leave it at that.

wtf are you talking about?

Better yet,  take your own advice and leave it at that. 

6 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

wtf are you talking about?

You're the one who went on a long rant about Ben Shapiro and Ron Filipowski, not me. If you don't want to engage on things that involve them, feel free to ignore and move along next time. Rather than thread policing.

Edited by mtutiger

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

You're the one who went on a long rant about Ben Shapiro and Ron Filipowski, not me. If you don't want to engage on things that involve them, feel free to ignore and move along next time. Rather than thread policing.

There is the disconnect.  Read my post again.  I did not thread police anyone. I was not referring to people re-posting him on here.

This site has 270 people behind a password.  It has zero impact on engagement or any ability to empower the maga crazies like Ben Shapiro.    

That’s not the case with someone like Filipkowski with over a million Twitter followers.   He feeds these clowns sustenance they need to survive as trolls.   That’s why I think he sucks. 

Edited by Hongbit

39 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Purely objectively, there is one side is acting cocky, arrogant and overconfident about this election. And it isn't the Harris campaign.

I disagree.  I see one side getting extremely desperate and histrionic because they have no actual message.   And it isn't the Harris campaign.      

Right now it's Trump The Insult Coming Hog and Hillbilly Frat Boy trying to make sound bytes.