2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

On 8/17/2024 at 11:35 AM, Motown Bombers said:

I honestly thought North Carolina would have flipped in 2020 before Georgia. 

Metro Atlanta is growing so rapidly and faster than the metro Charlotte area. So given the size of suburban Atlanta and the greater Atlanta area, it helped Georgia catch up and surpass North Carolina in-terms of being a purple state that will flip. I am surprised at just how rapidly it happened though.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Google is coming up dry on this.

The crazy former president asserts that there are all sorts of Taylor Swift for Trump voters and used AI images to prove it.   The fans won't like that.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The crazy former president asserts that there are all sorts of Taylor Swift for Trump voters and used AI images to prove it.   The fans won't like that.

Looks like it’s coming primarily from India, which is Modi I guess. He’s pro-Trump, right?

In any event, this might force Taylor Swift to come out for Kamala sooner than later. She has a history of supporting positions contrary to Trump and the Republicans, and besides, she’s not going to let this thing just sit out there, is she?

Edited by chasfh

46 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

They know they can't win legitimately. 

Serious question here: can counties’ votes be audited by some non-partisan entity? Or are we just taking their cross-our-hearts-and-hope-to-die for it?

12 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Looks like it’s coming primarily from India, which is Modi I guess. He’s pro-Trump, right?

In any event, this might force Taylor Swift to come out for Kamala sooner than later. She has a history of supporting positions contrary to Trump and the Republicans, and besides, she’s not going to let this thing just sit out there, is she?

After Tuesday in London she doesn’t have any shows until November. 

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

Trump is going to force Swift to come out against the fraudulent GQP AI endorsement; and then she will endorse Harris; genius move guys!

If i were a person who made ridiculous analytic leaps, I would say Liz was in London to talk to Taylor about joining the campaign. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, chasfh said:

Serious question here: can counties’ votes be audited by some non-partisan entity? Or are we just taking their cross-our-hearts-and-hope-to-die for it?

My gut response would be option B. I'm sure there could be challenges thru the court system but honestly in recent years the "neutral" branch of the government has become just as partisan as the other two branches. I'd love to see non partisan election officials again, especially since most voting systems have paper backups to what shows on the machines. But from what we saw in battleground areas in 2020 and what I expect in November I'm not holding my breath.