2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

18 minutes ago, pfife said:

My fav is them begging for her to take questions on policy and then they ask her about offensive **** dump says

That's exactly what it was.... I believe the majority of the questions she took during that gaggle involved DonOLD Dump, not substantive policy.

34 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

My gut response would be option B. I'm sure there could be challenges thru the court system but honestly in recent years the "neutral" branch of the government has become just as partisan as the other two branches. I'd love to see non partisan election officials again, especially since most voting systems have paper backups to what shows on the machines. But from what we saw in battleground areas in 2020 and what I expect in November I'm not holding my breath.

I honestly don't believe they would be successful if it ended up in the courts (Georgia law is pretty explicit / iron clad about certification being required 7 days after the election).

But also, I want Harris to win by more than the EC margin that Georgia affords.

54 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Trump is going to force Swift to come out against the fraudulent GQP AI endorsement; and then she will endorse Harris; genius move guys!

Yep.   LOL.  What an idiot.    She might even end up in Chicago this week.   

This is what happens when you don't listen to campaign advisors that know (at least a little) what they are talking about.   

Just wing it, Don.   You're doing a great job!       

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

I honestly don't believe they would be successful if it ended up in the courts (Georgia law is pretty explicit / iron clad about certification being required 7 days after the election).

But also, I want Harris to win by more than the EC margin that Georgia affords.

Also looking at PA, MI, AZ, WI as a few other states that seem to have "truthers" and folks who believe in the "stolen election" bull**** sitting in prominent places on local election boards. 

I'd love to see a modern version of a landslide, but I tend to be pessimistic. 

13 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Also looking at PA, MI, AZ, WI as a few other states that seem to have "truthers" and folks who believe in the "stolen election" bull**** sitting in prominent places on local election boards. 

The certification process in these states is much more straightforward than in GA, in part because of the elections in 2022 and how the nutjob candidates lost their SOS races. Georgia is different because Raffensperger was removed as a member of the Board of Elections, thus has less ability to keep this nutty stuff from showing up.

But ultimately, the law isn't on their side... I'm not trying to downplay concerns, but people can't allow themselves to be demoralized by this **** either.

13 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'd love to see a modern version of a landslide, but I tend to be pessimistic. 

I don't think the general nature of the swing states will change much, but in terms of EC outcomes, I absolutely can see a scenario with Harris matching or (in the event that NC swings) exceeding what Biden did in 2020.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

Just now, CMRivdogs said:

Another conservative defection from the Orange One

“In the presidential election of 2024 there is only one political party and one candidate for the presidency that can claim the mantle of defender and protector of America’s Democracy, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law,” Luttig wrote in a statement obtained exclusively by CNN. “As a result, I will unhesitatingly vote for the Democratic Party’s candidate for the Presidency of the United States, Vice President of the United States, Kamala Harris.”

4 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

These protests are like a JD Vance rally. 

No, that's wrong.   The Silence is WAY better than the music they chose.     

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again is from Phantom Of The Opera.   It seems to fit the tone of the Celine Dion song about a boat sinking.       I mean, they seem to be sending out the right signals, eh?

8 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

These protests are like a JD Vance rally. 

Like Trump and Vance, the organizers are having a hard time coming to grips with how the ground has shifted in this campaign.

Fair or not, Biden leaving stage right really sucked the oxygen out of this movement, and to your RFK picture, it's sucked a lot of oxygen out of third party alternatives on the left.