2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

4 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

i am starting to get suspicious of RFK Jr's true intentions

all these ploys Trump has tried this cycle reek of desperation.  He's probably going to have JD Vance kidnapped next and make a big show of his concern for "his dear friend"

Trump's ability to take both sides of any issue not only comes with no downside to MAGA, but now it is a positive as the press will attack Dems who call out his extreme positions and says Dems are unfair; effectively having the press weaponize his flip-flops to defend Trump. Insane.

9 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Trump's ability to take both sides of any issue not only comes with no downside to MAGA, but now it is a positive as the press will attack Dems who call out his extreme positions and says Dems are unfair; effectively having the press weaponize his flip-flops to defend Trump. Insane.

This has always been true, but my sense is that as Trump has aged and has lost his fastball, the press is having a harder and harder time sanewashing this stuff in a way that people buy.

The elevation of Harris and the constrast she draws, in particular, has made it harder IMO

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

This has always been true, but my sense is that as Trump has aged and has lost his fastball, the press is having a harder and harder time sanewashing this stuff in a way that people buy.

The elevation of Harris and the constrast she draws, in particular, has made it harder IMO

Trump has a track record now that he didn’t have in 2016. We know he will govern. In 2016 you could just project however you want. I’ll still never forget Chris Hayes saying he’s running to the left of Hillary Clinton. 

3 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I don't think DeSantis is this bad

If he is trying to annoy the element in politics that can depict him as a charming rogue or a sputtering idiot, then have at it JD. 

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I don't think DeSantis is this bad

DeSantis came across as shy and uncomfortable.... like he didnt know what to say or do in situations.  Nixon was like that a lot.  Small talk wasn't his game.

Vance knows what he's saying... it's just bad things.

Melania got $237,500 for walking downstairs to speak to the Log Cabin Republicans for 30 minutes.

As the cash pot gets smaller, the Trumps will grift harder and ahrder as they see the money drying up.

Down-ballot GQP people will get nothing.

• Thanks 1