2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

won't matter to them.   He could mock them to their face and it wouldn't matter. 

I'm not sure that's exactly right. I've been of the opinion that the only way Trump could lose the red hat base is to be caught on video or audio completely slagging them and revealing himself to be the big phony we know he is but his lapdog media carefully shields from the base. The red hats really, truly believe Trump loves the America, loves Jesus, loves them, and sacrificed so much of his business opportunities so he could work for $1 a year as president for no other reason than to Make America Great Again.

That said, all they would have to do is claim AI manipulation of video and audio to reconcile it with their commitment to him.

Here’s every state’s DNC roll call ‘walk-up song’ – NBC Chicago

I could see so many different songs for each of the big states but generally these were really good.   

7 Nation Army would have been great for Michigan but Lose Yourself was great. 

Mr. Brightside for Nevada had me ready to have another Michigan natty. 

Edited by romad1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

that's not far off.  I love the part about it making him sound like a replicant. 

Soon as the guy said that I was hoping he would give a nod to Ali and say, "I don't know what 'replicant' means, but if it's good, I'm it."

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, oblong said:

Someone on the trail should ask Trump if he's talking to Bibi because I know he's dumb enough to admit to it.

And if Trump says no he's not, follow-up question would be, so you do support an immediate cease fire to prevent untold thousands more deaths in both Gaza and Israel, correct?

I don’t know exactly how the Republicans are going to respond to the events of last night, what with the excellent roll call and everything, but if I had to guess, I’d guess they would say that Democrats just want to party while the world burns down around them, and only Trump can stop the burning. Something like that.

23 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Limbaugh + Gingrich was step 1

The Tea Party (The collective freakout over a Black president) was step 2

Trump was step 3

Project 2025 is step 4

This has all been in the works for years. 

My question is - why doesn't anyone really challenge them on the Christian angle.   Because they are acting in opposition of what Jesus would have done.     You're supposed to LOVE, not hate.   Why aren't they called out on that more?   

20 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I'm starting to believe he really didn't author that book. I hope Putin and Thiel, Liz Uhlien and other American oligarchs are paying him well

Oh, here we go.  Am I going to have to go on vacation in Chicago again just to prove to my MAGA family that I can survive a US big city that has become their boogieman?

I'm noticing that every time Trump and Vance talk they have law enforcement behind them.  That's sending an authoritarian message.  Get the people used to having LEO or Military people backing what they say to insinuate a "or else" capitulation by the people.  "Oh, we better listen... or we'll go to jail"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Limbaugh + Gingrich was step 1

The Tea Party (The collective freakout over a Black president) was step 2

Trump was step 3

Project 2025 is step 4

This has all been in the works for years. 

My question is - why doesn't anyone really challenge them on the Christian angle.   Because they are acting in opposition of what Jesus would have done.     You're supposed to LOVE, not hate.   Why aren't they called out on that more?   

They never talk about the Sermon on the Mount, or look confused when you ask them what the greatest commandment is. I blame money hungry ministers who became power hungry as well. Escalating their message from "love one another" to give us more and more money to build larger temples to themselves. Which then escalated into schools and universities as self monuments...

7 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

They never talk about the Sermon on the Mount, or look confused when you ask them what the greatest commandment is. I blame money hungry ministers who became power hungry as well. Escalating their message from "love one another" to give us more and more money to build larger temples to themselves. Which then escalated into schools and universities as self monuments...

My son and I were talking about all the 2nd amendment stickers I saw on a guy's truck and he said: "i'm gonna get a bunch of 3rd Amendment stickers made about how I refuse to quarter government troops without my expressed permission" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, romad1 said:

My son and I were talking about all the 2nd amendment stickers I saw on a guy's truck and he said: "i'm gonna get a bunch of 3rd Amendment stickers made about how I refuse to quarter government troops without my expressed permission" 

My Go-To anytime someone starts talking about how well they know the Constitution is  "Really, what's the 3rd Amendment" and they never know.   Then I ask if they know any of the other 33 amendments and it's funny how I am never corrected on that number.   

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, oblong said:

I'm noticing that every time Trump and Vance talk they have law enforcement behind them.  That's sending an authoritarian message.  Get the people used to having LEO or Military people backing what they say to insinuate a "or else" capitulation by the people.  "Oh, we better listen... or we'll go to jail"

Are they aware that Project 2025 would have them replaced with the Army ?    You know, having the Army in every city policing things.   Yeah, that's normal.     Weirdos.     Let them do this.   The only people that are impressed by this are people they already have.    Again, they keep preaching to the converted and alienating women as often as they can.  The one group that decides elections these days.  

12 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

My Go-To anytime someone starts talking about how well they know the Constitution is  "Really, what's the 3rd Amendment" and they never know.   Then I ask if they know any of the other 33 amendments and it's funny how I am never corrected on that number.   

33 was how old Jesus was when he died and the highest order of freemasonry so it stands to reason

• Like 1

Protesting peaks in the spring and early summer because it's something to do outside.  Its getting warmer, school's getting out.... everyone feels good.  But by August those people are bored and have moved on to something else.