2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Sold out to be Heath And Human Services Secretary and that should scare the **** out of everyone.       

Doesn’t scare me even a little bit, because it ain’t happening.

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

The "weird" thing is the key. A fresh round of weirdness to fill at least 2 weeks of media stories.

This is a guy who dumped a dead bear in Central Park.   One that he discovered while Falconning.     Yeah, just regular folks.      Why, I go Falconning with my buddies all the time.   

No other Kennedy seems to want anything to do with him.   

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Doesn’t scare me even a little bit, because it ain’t happening.

He won in 2016.   After that I learned to never say "ain't happening" in politics again.    That was probably the worst night of my entire life.   

Also - it took everything the Democrats had to keep Herschel Walker out of the Senate.   Barely.    Think about it.  Think about how stupid and how bad a human being he is and he barely lost.     That side can still win.     I don't think the Kamala thing is a "sugar high".   I think it's what happens when a party with a normal, inclusive and pragmatic vision actually unites, but two things to consider that still scare me.    #1  Something really weird or tragic could happen between now and Election Day.  Something horribly tragic right before Election Day, that would get blamed on Biden/Harris.   Trump supporters will do anything to win and the more desperate it gets, the more dangerous they become.     #2 The Trump folks know already they have enough electors who won't certify Harris - no matter what, that they are already confident it's going to the Supreme Court and we know how Alito & Thomas will vote,  they'd only need 3 more justices to turn this whole thing into complete chaos.  

So, "ain't happening" is not my vocabulary right now in politics.     

Would it shock you or anyone here to see a mass shooting at a polling place this year?      

30 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He won in 2016.   After that I learned to never say "ain't happening" in politics again.    That was probably the worst night of my entire life.   

Also - it took everything the Democrats had to keep Herschel Walker out of the Senate.   Barely.    Think about it.  Think about how stupid and how bad a human being he is and he barely lost.     That side can still win.     I don't think the Kamala thing is a "sugar high".   I think it's what happens when a party with a normal, inclusive and pragmatic vision actually unites, but two things to consider that still scare me.    #1  Something really weird or tragic could happen between now and Election Day.  Something horribly tragic right before Election Day, that would get blamed on Biden/Harris.   Trump supporters will do anything to win and the more desperate it gets, the more dangerous they become.     #2 The Trump folks know already they have enough electors who won't certify Harris - no matter what, that they are already confident it's going to the Supreme Court and we know how Alito & Thomas will vote,  they'd only need 3 more justices to turn this whole thing into complete chaos.  

Would it shock you or anyone here to see a mass shooting at a polling place this year?      

I believe what Chas may be trying to say is that RFK Jr. will never be HHS Secretary, and I believe that, as a practical matter of Senate math, he's right. Even in the likely event that the GOP takes back the Senate.

47 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

The "weird" thing is the key. A fresh round of weirdness to fill at least 2 weeks of media stories.

The impact of RFK Jr.'s departure from this race is more likely to be ephemeral than people will treat it, although it totally reinforces the "weirdo" aspect of the Trump/Vance ticket for sure.

39 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'll go out on a limb and say there will not be a mass shooting at a polling place this year.

I believe what I might be trying to say is, in 2016 nobody (except me and a few others) saw Trump coming. As far as vast majority of people were concerned, he was the charming "you're fired" guy on TV. People like celebrities, so much so that they'll vote for celebrities just for the entertainment factor. Eight years later we have a very different landscape. Everyone knows exactly what Trump is, and practically nobody is being accused of engaging in Alarmist Non-sense for expressing fears that he will usher in a minority-rule fascist state that will do away with elections once he and his coalition of neo-Nazis and christofascists are in power.

I was eight years too early when I said that a Trump nomination would be a gift to the Democrats, and that people would be lining up at their polling places starting at one in the morning to make sure they don't lose the opportunity to vote against him. That wasn't going to happen in 2016; that's definitely going to happen in 2024. No one is apathetic about this election except the far fringes of the aggressively ignorant. It's true that Trump has his base and will still draw 70-ish million votes. But it's also true that the other side is way, way, way more motivated than ever to make sure their vote against Trump is counted, especially now that it is also a vote for Kamala. Assuming she doesn't shoot herself in the **** sometime in the next eleven weeks, she might win the national vote by eight figures, which no rigged Electoral College could overcome. I think it's more likely Trump dies or is incapacitated in the meantime than it is he simply beats Kamala Harris in a free-and-fair election at the ballot box.

To your point, the biggest threat is that one of the blizzard of post-election lawsuits makes a beeline to the Supreme Court and they vote 5-4 to overturn the results and put Trump in the White House. If they do, though, that will be the literal end of democracy in this iteration of the United States, millions will take to the streets, the blood will flow, and I definitely do not mean leftists killing red hats, because that's not how it's going to happen since leftists aren't the ones with the guns.

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Holy ****, the first one... Come on guys

The second one sucks cow taint too.   Succeeding at and wanting something are two different things entirely.   

That bish is dumb af

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yeah, this dude is losing it.    He doesn't even know what he's saying.   

What's the over/under on Social Media posts Thursday night.......75 ? 

Today, he went into the audience to check on a cult member who had a "medical emergency".  It definitely looked like a staged response to Harris's response to a medical emergency earlier this week.  He is the biggest baby ever.  

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

Today, he went into the audience to check on a cult member who had a "medical emergency".  It definitely looked like a staged response to Harris's response to a medical emergency earlier this week.  He is the biggest baby ever.  

George Soros pointed his Sick Ray at  Trump supporter. 

This is an incredible admission of weakness from the leaf blower guy.

Imagine an athlete admitting this.

This is probably the first time he's rented to minorities before and he isn't charging them.  

Trump Says It’s Hard to Talk Policy With Obamas Attacking Him

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-21/trump-says-it-s-hard-to-talk-policy-with-obamas-attacking-him?embedded-checkout=true

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

Sure wish they'd get their story straight. Which is it the Biden Crime Family, Clinton's Murder Inc, Obama's the Godfather of the group, or is Nancy Pelosi in charge?

At least with the current GOP Mafia we know who the true Don is