2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

13 minutes ago, oblong said:

Walz’s son is crying and damn it makes me jealous to hope my sons would cry for me.  And I am sure the **** wads on Fox will be making fun of it tomorrow.  

Kinda felt this was during Emhoff's speech last night as well, but modern American families are complex, and they are far from the relatively sanitized versions we have seen portrayed in past Presidencies. Walz' is the same way...

It's just nice to see, evidence that for all that is wrong with society today, we are incrementally getting better nonetheless

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

I swear, if I catch wind of any Fox or NewsMax, or the Dumpster kids making fun of Gus Walz, there will be hell to pay… and I’m going to guess that a whole slew of people will also be incensed too.

Tim Walz seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't let them get away with it.  

6 hours ago, smr-nj said:

I swear, if I catch wind of any Fox or NewsMax, or the Dumpster kids making fun of Gus Walz, there will be hell to pay… and I’m going to guess that a whole slew of people will also be incensed too.

I wish I had time to watch.  I'll def watch today at some point.

5 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Going after Shapiro like this is... A decision

Granted most voters won't even see this but it's a reflection of his style and campaign strategy and I find it impossible that he's going to win the election based on the enthusiam and excitement we are seeing with the D ticket this cycle.  The country has been though 9 years of this **** and at some point enough people move on.

Of course there's the explicit strategy in this tweet of going after a popular governor of a state you must win.... 

1 minute ago, oblong said:

Granted most voters won't even see this but it's a reflection of his style and campaign strategy and I find it impossible that he's going to win the election based on the enthusiam and excitement we are seeing with the D ticket this cycle.  The country has been though 9 years of this **** and at some point enough people move on.

Of course there's the explicit strategy in this tweet of going after a popular governor of a state you must win.... 

it probably sounded better in the original Austrian-accented German.

I've kinda come to the conclusion that it's a combination of how they really hate how Walz codes (ie. Normie Midwest dad, teacher, coach) and that because Vance has been attacked hard, it warrants an equal reaction / pretending he has equally grave flaws as a candidate (he doesn't).

As the old saying goes, when you're the hammer, everything looks like a nail.

But strategically, Adam is right... We are now in the third week of the Trump Camp Pain focusing way more fire on the VP candidate rather than the actual candidate. It's just really not smart at all

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

I had this realization this morning that Joe dropping out took away a nearly perfect "Wrath of Khan" storyline.   Joe B as the aging Kirk, suddenly rejuvenated by an old bitter rival, surrounded by his clique of loyalists freaks, intent on destroying everything.  

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

it probably sounded better in the original Austrian-accented German.

My people come from Austria, and believe me when I tell you, nothing sounds better in Austrian-accented German.