2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

My people come from Austria, and believe me when I tell you, nothing sounds better in Austrian-accented German.

Lovely country though.  They def do not have patience for you if you explain you didn't know that Austria required you to have a special sticker to drive a car rented in Germany in their country.   I mean they will patiently wait for you to pay the fine but you will pay. 

55 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I've kinda come to the conclusion that it's a combination of how they really hate how Walz codes (ie. Normie Midwest dad, teacher, coach) and that because Vance has been attacked hard, it warrants an equal reaction / pretending he has equally grave flaws as a candidate (he doesn't).

As the old saying goes, when you're the hammer, everything looks like a nail.

But strategically, Adam is right... We are now in the third week of the Trump Camp Pain focusing way more fire on the VP candidate rather than the actual candidate. It's just really not smart at all

Perhaps the Trump campaign are reasoning that most voters couldn’t possibly be voting for the ticket for the woman of color—it must be for the white man. So, imply the white man is a race traitor by being a stark raving liberal who wants your nine-year-old boy to learn to use tampons, and keep the Democrats home on Election Day.

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Lovely country though.  They def do not have patience for you if you explain you didn't know that Austria required you to have a special sticker to drive a car rented in Germany in their country.   I mean they will patiently wait for you to pay the fine but you will pay. 

Seriously? My wife and I are planning on renting a car in Italy and then driving through Europe with it, so now I’m going to have to scour the continental driving laws for laws like this.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Seriously? My wife and I are planning on renting a car in Italy and then driving through Europe with it, so now I’m going to have to scour the continental driving laws for laws like this.

DO!.   The rental counter people will probably help you at pickup but def ask and make a point of identifying where you will be driving.   This trip was early Trump admin time frame**** so i can't recall what the specific legal matter was about but when I mentioned it to people with some Europe driving experience when i got back I got the "oh yeah, that!" from all of them. 

*** I know exactly when this was.  2018 Helsinki Summit when Trump sold out his country for his dear friend and boss.  My wife and I recall screaming at the TV over this. 

Donald Trump was terrifying in Helsinki, cancel the Washington sequel

Edited by romad1

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

DO!.   The rental counter people will probably help you at pickup but def ask and make a point of identifying where you will be driving.   This trip was early Trump admin time frame**** so i can't recall what the specific legal matter was about but when I mentioned it to people with some Europe driving experience when i got back I got the "oh yeah, that!" from all of them. 

*** I know exactly when this was.  2018 Helsinki Summit when Trump sold out his country for his dear friend and boss.  My wife and I recall screaming at the TV over this. 

Donald Trump was terrifying in Helsinki, cancel the Washington sequel

This is the thing I was thinking about

Vignette - Austria's Motorway Toll Sticker | All Necessary Info

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Wow, the kid did great! “What, your source is ‘trust me, bro’?!” Brilliant!

****ing lunatic.   Go back to smoking crack lately?     Crashed and Burned your own career over Donald ****ing Trump. 

To quote Arthur Fleck   "You get what you ****ing deserve"

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

So, Twitter is running an ad from the Trump campaign that says Harris wants Communism in America.  Man, time for the regulators to step in. 

It’s amazing that the CEO of Twitter allows this kind of stuff on a platform so deeply committed to impartial truth.   He must be too busy on high level corporate issues to realize there are billionaires recklessly posting lies and fake memes to stroke their ego.  

36 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Perhaps the Trump campaign are reasoning that most voters couldn’t possibly be voting for the ticket for the woman of color—it must be for the white man. So, imply the white man is a race traitor by being a stark raving liberal who wants your nine-year-old boy to learn to use tampons, and keep the Democrats home on Election Day.

If this is true, this would be exhibiting a level of overconfidence that would make Clinton 2016 look cautious and careful by comparison.

In reality, probably a mixed bag. Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita probably know better, but the candidate doesn't, and the people below them are gonna take their cues from the candidate 

I know Florida has come up.    DeSantis' endorsement and the Mothers Of Prevention (that's what I call them), didn't do so hot in the recent run of school board elections.    I think there's a change-a-comin' in Florida.   Remember, DeSantis barely won his first time around.  Yeah, he won big on re-election, but the Democratic candidate was a former Republican Governor that the hard left refused to support.     I think the Politics of Hate are wearing thin in FLA.   I think there are thousands of people that were waiting for a political earthquake to happen to wake them out of their stupor and here it is.    Florida is in play now.   I am fairly certain Trump has electors there that will not certify for Harris (it will be close), but they may have to spend a lot of money in Florida.    But something else to consider.  Weed & Abortion are on the docket too.   

I DARE them to make fun of Gus Walz.    Vance will have enough common sense not to, much as I hate him.   But Trump.  See, all he needs is some turd to post something that a 7th grader would find funny and he'll jump on it.   Go ahead.  PLEASE, I DARE you.      Trump will make fun of it because he doesn't know how to cry because sociopaths don't feel real emotions.  That's why Trump never laughs at anything but his own stupid 7th-grade slurs.  That's why Trump's smile is fake, for photo ops.  There's nothing natural about it.   Only things he feels are rage and fear.   He's raging now because he's fearing what comes after this election, after he loses - when he's gotta stand in court and hear his sentence.   

Don't worry, Don.   One of Joe's last moves in his last days will be a provisional pardon - trying to heal the country.   You'll get a pardon if you sign a document that you can't run for any public office again.   You'll be so senile by the end of 2025 you won't remember it.    Your followers will build you a replica of the Oval Office and make you think you won.    Then you'll die and I'll have to throw up at the thought of having to give you a state funeral.   The other Presidents, who all hate your guts will show up and say nice things about you trying to show another thing foreign to you -- grace.     I'll be popping a champagne cork, personally and I rarely drink.  

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I know Florida has come up.    DeSantis' endorsement and the Mothers Of Prevention (that's what I call them), didn't do so hot in the recent run of school board elections.    I think there's a change-a-comin' in Florida.   Remember, DeSantis barely won his first time around.  Yeah, he won big on re-election, but the Democratic candidate was a former Republican Governor that the hard left refused to support.     I think the Politics of Hate are wearing thin in FLA.   I think there are thousands of people that were waiting for a political earthquake to happen to wake them out of their stupor and here it is.    Florida is in play now.   I am fairly certain Trump has electors there that will not certify for Harris (it will be close), but they may have to spend a lot of money in Florida.    But something else to consider.  Weed & Abortion are on the docket too.   

I DARE them to make fun of Gus Walz.    Vance will have enough common sense not to, much as I hate him.   But Trump.  See, all he needs is some turd to post something that a 7th grader would find funny and he'll jump on it.   Go ahead.  PLEASE, I DARE you.      Trump will make fun of it because he doesn't know how to cry because sociopaths don't feel real emotions.  That's why Trump never laughs at anything but his own stupid 7th-grade slurs.  That's why Trump's smile is fake, for photo ops.  There's nothing natural about it.   Only things he feels are rage and fear.   He's raging now because he's fearing what comes after this election, after he loses - when he's gotta stand in court and hear his sentence.   

Don't worry, Don.   One of Joe's last moves in his last days will be a provisional pardon - trying to heal the country.   You'll get a pardon if you sign a document that you can't run for any public office again.   You'll be so senile by the end of 2025 you won't remember it.    Your followers will build you a replica of the Oval Office and make you think you won.    Then you'll die and I'll have to throw up at the thought of having to give you a state funeral.   The other Presidents, who all hate your guts will show up and say nice things about you trying to show another thing foreign to you -- grace.     I'll be popping a champagne cork, personally and I rarely drink.  

There will not be a state funeral for him.   

11 hours ago, pfife said:

Weird.   Who would have even considered this pastability?

Vladimir Putin manipulated Donald Trump’s ‘ego and insecurities’, book says

Former US national security adviser HR McMaster claims Russian president had a hold over Trump in new memoir

https://www.theguardian.com/books/article/2024/aug/21/trump-putin-hr-mcmaster-memoir?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Thanks 1