2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

7 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Florida is definitely in play and Harris has assembled a large ground campaign in Florida. I would not be surprised if she expanded the map to Florida in September. She has a big funding advantage. Make Trump have to defend Florida. 

Everything is in play now.  This momentum is amazing.   

Democratic leadership have gone from imbecilic bed wetters to tactical geniuses in less than two months.   It was a hard move to make but it was the right one.  

40 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

****ing lunatic.   Go back to smoking crack lately?     Crashed and Burned your own career over Donald ****ing Trump. 

To quote Arthur Fleck   "You get what you ****ing deserve"

Lindell was already a crazy mother****er, so if wasn't going to be Donald Trump that he would eventually crash and burn over, it was certainly going to be something else.

5 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Everything is in play now.  This momentum is amazing.   

Democratic leadership have gone from imbecilic bed wetters to tactical geniuses in less than two months.   It was a hard move to make but it was the right one.  

Democratic leadership are still imbeciles. Pelosi and Obama wanted an open convention and bypass Harris. Biden and Harris outmaneuvered them. The Harris campaign is run by Biden’s people. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

These hamasholes are not serious people. 

Not trying to tell you what to do here, but if the "Hamasholes" are not serious people, then there's no reason to relentlessly comment on them as though they are serious people, or to be seriously infuriated by them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is why Texas polling matters... Harris won't win, but there's been a really consistent 3-5 point gap between Trump and Cruz. 

So if she's losing close, Cruz can lose...

While a Monte Carlo simulation would conclude Harris won't win Texas, I don't know that she can't win there, assuming it's a free and fair election. It might all come down to how effectively they suppress the minority vote.

22 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

How funny would it be if Taylor Swift introduced Kamala tonight 

I had suggested Beyonce and Taylor Swift together, walking off hand in hand after the intro and a group hug. That happens, and this election is over and done.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Not trying to tell you what to do here, but if the "Hamasholes" are not serious people, then there's no reason to relentlessly comment on them as though they are serious people, or to be seriously infuriated by them.

Let’s define relentless. Over the past two months, I posted about three times in the Gaza thread and that was about how they disappeared. Now they started back up and threatened to have 40k people disrupt the convention. The Chicago Police even took that threat seriously. I wasn’t even the only one pointing it out. We’ve moved now to the point of mocking them. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Let’s define relentless. Over the past two months, I posted about three times in the Gaza thread and that was about how they disappeared. Now they started back up and threatened to have 40k people disrupt the convention. The Chicago Police even took that threat seriously. I wasn’t even the only one pointing it out. We’ve moved now to the point of mocking them. 

If they're not serious and we've moved on the point of mocking them, how can it not be only one short step to admitting they will eventually become soccer moms? 😁

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I had suggested Beyonce and Taylor Swift together, walking off hand in hand after the intro and a group hug. That happens, and this election is over and done.

Include Jelly Roll and perhaps it is. 

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

It is possible, you know.    I am sure TayTay is plenty pissed off over that meme he posted and instead of suing, the way to get back at him would be to silently  endorse Kamala by introducing her.      We all know the only reason he's in his position is that he was a celebrity.   Well, take that celebrity aspect and shove it right back at him.      If she (and B) introduced Kamala they wouldn't have to "endorse" anyone.   

Plus it would probably give him a stroke.  

57 minutes ago, chasfh said:

While a Monte Carlo simulation would conclude Harris won't win Texas, I don't know that she can't win there, assuming it's a free and fair election. It might all come down to how effectively they suppress the minority vote.

"Can't" or "Won't" is probably too strong.... but it is very unlikely regardless.

But it stands to reason that if the margin in Texas decreases from it's 5.7% in 2020 (and it very well could - the state is still left trending on a national basis) and if there really is a delta between Trump and Cruz, Cruz should be very very worried. And it's not totally surprising to me.... a lot of people do not like Ted Cruz, he's not a beloved figure outside of the hardcore GOP down there.

The same goes for Florida and Rick Scott as well.... ultimately at the Presidential level, you focus on the established battlegrounds, but because of the Senate races, I don't know if Florida and TX can be frozen out on attention IMO. Especially if a D majority relies so heavily on Jon Tester winning in a state that Kamala will end up losing by 15% in all likelihood.

Edited by mtutiger

17 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like the Trump campaign has some dirt on Shapiro and are upset Harris didn’t pick him. Why do they spend so much energy on a VP candidate she didn’t choose?

I remain skeptical that it would have been successful, but I am more convinced they were definitely going to try to provoke / exacerbate divisions within the party via I/P protestors (along with DJT more-or-less labeling him a "bad Jew", as he did with his "bleat" last night)

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I feel like the Trump campaign has some dirt on Shapiro and are upset Harris didn’t pick him. Why do they spend so much energy on a VP candidate she didn’t choose?

Possibly, but look at Trump's campaign, it's not about inspiring, it's not about ideas, it's simply about trying to be the victim and constantly looking for an 'own you' type zinger they can post to twitter.  I feel like not picking Shapiro gave them the idea that they could claim it was proof Dems are afraid of the pro-Palestinian base.   If Walz was a more likely candidate prior and wasn't picked, I could see them posing some of the same complaints they have about Walz and the riots and say it's proof they aren't serious about law and order.   Doesn't matter what happens, MAGA always finds a way to blame others.