2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

23 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Beyonce is apparently the newsie appearance. 

I don't know anything about her, just know the name. I just listened to a couple of her songs to see if they sounded familiar.  I'm not a fan of what I heard, but if she can help beat Trump, I'm a fan!  

12 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't know anything about her, just know the name. I just listened to a couple of her songs to see if they sounded familiar.  I'm not a fan of what I heard, but if she can help beat Trump, I'm a fan!  

She was outstanding in Cadillac Records.

Playing Etta James.

As was Adrien Brody opposite her as the founder of landmark Chess Records in Chicago ("Cadillac" because he always "sold" Cadillac's to his signed performers in lieu of royalties whenever he could)... 

Just now, 1984Echoes said:

She was outstanding in Cadillac Records.

Playing Etta James.

As was Adrien Brody opposite her as the founder of landmark Chess Records in Chicago ("Cadillac" because he always "sold" Cadillac's to his signed performers in lieu of royalties whenever he could)... 

I don't know them either! What position do they play?

9 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I doubt she makes a difference, but 2024 is very different from 2016.  Trump was a relative unknown in 2016.  He is now the most hated person in America and I think any functional human being can beat him.  There isn't going to be any land slide, but If the voter turnout is good again, Trump is done.

I want to live in a world where Kinzinger isn't welcome to the DNC and cheered at the RNC.  Maya Harris was solid, now let's have Taylor Swift and Beyonce walk out hand in hand and introduce Kamala.

Why was looking for Beyoncé or Swift even a thing?  I’m glad I wasn’t.  

Last night & Tuesday were inspiring. Saw some each night, flicking between this and baseball games.

Tonight was for sure more subdued, but very thought provoking.  

Haven’t people had enough entertainment? If not, go ahead and turn on Netflix. 

That’s not what I needed.

11 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Why was looking for Beyoncé or Swift even a thing?  I’m glad I wasn’t.  

Last night & Tuesday were inspiring. Saw some each night, flicking between this and baseball games.

Tonight was for sure more subdued, but very thought provoking.  

Haven’t people had enough entertainment? If not, go ahead and turn on Netflix. 

That’s not what I needed.

Tonight is about Kamala + her message.    It needed to be more subdued and more serious.  

It's not over yet, Bush, Kinzinger, both Cheney's, John Kelly, Pence, Bolton, Esper and more will come out and waive after being referred to by Kamala.

Seriously though, even PBS reporters on the side of the stage made it sound like she knew but was not stating it for ethical reasons.  Makes me wonder if it was just to get ratings and make people see a sane person speak.

6 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I have a feeling Biden is there and will greet her on stage when she is done with her speech. 

You'd think it would be tough to get Biden there without the media knowing, but.... if there is still a surprise, you'd have some good odds with this one.